Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking my cruze in for an oil leak and Im sure I have a few open recalls. Any that I should opt out on other than the known engine shield hack job? Thanks for any advice.

·
Administrator
25,079 Posts
Go to recalls.gm.com (may be recall.gm.com) and enter your VIN. I'd get all the recalls done except the engine shield. The engine shield is optional.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Obermd. I already removed my shield to take it in so no chance of a hack job there. How about that low coolant one where if res found low on coolant a leak test is performed? I have never had any coolant issues and I dont want any fooling around done with it to start now. My res is on the low side but Ive only add to it once in 59k miles and then it was only a tad bit. I think it was low by like 2 lines on res. Its down there again now so should I top it off before going in.

·
Administrator
25,079 Posts
The low coolant service notice simply instructs dealerships to check for the obvious leak locations and refill the coolant. If you're low again and you're curious ask if they'll put in the GM coolant dye. If there is a slow leak this dye will leave a residue that is easy to see. This is how my water pump and surge cap o-ring leaks were diagnosed.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just don't want those gravy train warranty work hungry techs doing anything unnecessary. Like opening a can of worms for me.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even worse then they must hate their job. I'm sure most their work at dealerships is warranty.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Taking my cruze in for an oil leak and Im sure I have a few open recalls. Any that I should opt out on other than the known engine shield hack job? Thanks for any advice.
Hello AutumnCruzeRS,

We certainly apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced regarding the oil leak in your Cruze. Be sure to keep us posted on your dealer visit.

In relation to your recall question, we'd be more than happy to check for any open recalls by using your VIN. Feel free to send your VIN and contact information in a private message if you'd like us to look into this.

All the best,

Jasmine F
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 8 of 8 Posts