Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've washed, waxed, sanded and repainted overly rusty areas, air filters, and shock plugs replaced, tired rotated, is there any fuel additive is should run to clean any impurities, I notice the car runs bad with less than an ideal amount of gas(idk if anyone else has this observation) I've run sea foam and other additives similar before that work for a little while. But to point my concern is performance and preventative maintenance. Thanks all for you feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
All I do with our cruze is put on snow tires, put in washer fluid that doesn't freeze until -35*F, give it a fresh oil change (I am not trying to do it in the middle of the winter), and tell the wife not to put it in the ditch..... Never had a problem starting it even when it has been -20*F or so and never have put any additives in it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Load up a few Hawaiian shirts and shorts, your favorite acoustic guitar, a football and a pair of sandals. Then fill your Cruze's tank, hop on Rt 95 S. and stop when you hit Key West. Set your alarm for May and chill. Your car will thank you.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I put on snow tires an go. Diesel that has no problem starting even in -30°c

·
Registered
15 Posts
Snow tires, winter washer fluid, and a fresh synthetic oil change and my Cruze is happy all winter. I only plug her in below -20 C and shes never had an issue starting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've been really happy with the Maxpider Kagu floor mats so far. They are sorta a medium duty floor mat between the stock carpet maps, and bulky Weathertech / Husky mats. At any rate they do a nice job containing all the slop of winter, and look great.

I think these are the same floor mats as a different brand at a lower price: Aries Floor Mats

Made in USA like the Weathertech and Husky mats too.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all great suggestions lol, I like the key west one best. Mines an '11 so i'm close to needing brake pads, and my battery is slow to start when its colder now and the real cold is yet to come ! i wasnt sure if anyone had any other suggestions, famoily secrets, trick of the trade or insider information i may be a little late to the party on !

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Clean out the garage and make room for a resting place for your cruze.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What areas did you sand and repaint?
I took is somewhat muddling (drifting in the mud) bout March-April ish a lot and noticed the watts-linkage and sway bar were developing a good amount of surface rust, just took a medium grit sandpaper and sanded the rust off and repainted it with VHT roll bar chassis paint

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts