Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to revive an old thread topic, but I wanted to see if anyone had any new updates on the "growling" 6MTs? The last info I can find on here is from back in May. My 2011 Eco 6MT is starting to make a very strange growling sound around 2100 rpm in 6th gear - the sound is most noticeable if you quickly give it gas and then does it again when you let off. The sounds sort of reminds me of an old transmission with the synchros worn or a lot of backlash in the gears. Also, it wont really do this until the transaxle gets warm - around 10-15 minutes of highway driving. I originally thought it was due to my bad left front wheel bearing (59K!!!) but I have had that repaired and the sound is still there - any updates or thoughts would be most appreciated. I hate to take this thing back in, but it's starting to lean that way - already had the water pump replaced, too; unfortunately, the wheel bearing was not covered under powertrain and hit me for about 300...

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
2100 RPM appears to be the peak range for being able to hear the fuel lines vibrating against the firewall in the engine bay.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
I am on vacation today . so I am going to watch this Baseball Game .
Change the manual transmission oil and secure those fuel lines !
We Hope this helps you out some .

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Nothing a little bit of padding won't fix ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone; I will definitely check the fuel lines and also change out the OEM fluid with Amsoil Synchromesh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts