Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night while coming home MyLink simply wouldn't work correctly.

I was listening to iPod music when I decided to switch to Pandora. The Pandora music played, however, it showed up as iPod as the source. I couldn't select any Pandora stations at all on the radio, everything had to be done on the phone itself. I did a reboot of the phone and closed all apps multiple times, still not success, MyLink couldn't tell the difference between iPod, Stitcher, or Pandora.

I even pulled over, turned off the car and opened the door to try and force MyLink to restart, no luck, Pandora continued to play as an iPod song.

When I got home I turned the car off and let it sit for a few minutes. When I returned everything worked as it should.

Is there any way to reboot MyLink while driving? It is just a computer.lol

Overall my opinion of MyLink is very mixed. GM really dropped the ball in terms of product testing this thing. It feels like the whole thing is still in the beta testing stage, except there's no way to send an error report when it does screw up. I hope GM takes these complaints seriously. Infotainment is very important nowadays, and if yours doesn't work, people will leave it for another. Just look at Ford with MyTouch. And just look at the mess that is Cadillac Cue, the majority of folks absolutely hate it because it simply doesn't work well at all. It's like using one of those cheap $99 Android tablets.lol

Dear GM,

Please fix MyLink ASAP, I cannot with confidence show it off to my import driving friends as a reason to buy a GM product. At least give us an update to fix stability issues. I know you won't give us the 2014 features but at least make the 2013 model more stable.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Yes there is, I had to reboot mine last week when the bluetooth wouldn't work.. If you go into the settings there is an option to reboot the radio.

·
10,713 Posts
Reboot mine yesterday for Bluetooth as well as usb & aux not working. As for music in phone and pandora, close all apps before going to another music source. I usually go to iPod/USB then iTunes music from phone. My friend managed to get spotify to work sometimes but it requires plug unplug multiple times.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
jsnowbordr47,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern with your MyLink system. Have you been able to reach out to our infotainment team? They can be reached at 855-478-7767. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts