Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals, I have a 14 LS 6MT which is rated at 25mpg in the city. Unfortuantly I haven't done any highway driving in the the last two and a half fill ups but I the good news (Or at least I think) I have been getting 33.9mpg according to the meter in my car. I have no mods as to performance or to boost mpg at all. Not even a cold air intake.. Yet. lol I have just been watching my gauges and using a shift pattern that I figured worked best for my car. Keep in mind their is a long steep hill that I have to drive at least twice a day to get to my house, so hopefully when I move here in a few weeks and don' have to take that hill all the time it will go up again. I have switched to premium gas or to some people mid range gas at 91 octane over the 87 I was using before. I was just wondering if his is above, below or about average for Cruzers with the 1.8 6MT?

I do live in Canada but I hate the L used per 100/km system so I just switch it to us when I want to check me MPG.

Also, noob question. I can't seem to find it in my Manuel but is there a way to save trip one so when I fill up it won't go up? I have been just subtracting my KM from my trip 2 out of my trip 1 but I would love to be able to save it. So I can save my highest and see if I can beat it. Thanks!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I took last week off to take my kiddo to a baseball camp. Virtually all city driving netted me an average of 34mpg. (2012 Eco - 28 mpg EPA city)

I drive too much in the city to get my ultra-cool "Hyper-cruzer" badge. :(

·
Administrator
25,097 Posts
Wardevil, get a fuelly or ecomodder account to record your fill ups.

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,233 Posts
`
In my experience, your reported fuel usage is about right.

When I owned my 2012 Cruze LS with M-32 6MT my lifetime fuel usage measured at the pump was a hair under 34 mpg. This in mostly city driving and using mid-grade 89 or high-test 93 octane fuel. My highway mileage averaged between 38 and 40+ mpg.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,575 Posts
Honestly I think you're doing very good for the 1.8. It's rated at 36 mpg highway and 22/25 city depending on the transmission.

I had a LS loaner (auto) for a few days and averaged 25 mpg.

·
1,233 Posts
Oh well that's kinda sad.. I was hoping to be getting a bit better than average. I guess when I start putting a few mods on it I will see a difference! Thanks UlyssesSG.
Hello WarDevil,

Hey, don't be sad about the fuel usage results you're setting .. be proud!! I believe both of us are likely getting much better than average results. I know in my case, while not strictly hypermiling, I did attempt to drive my 2012 Cruze LS in the most efficient manner possible without causing traffic jams or road rage confrontations. The trick seems to be to get up to speed as rapidly as possible and driving with a feather foot .. never exceeding 2000 rpm if at all possible. The numbers you're seeing put the Cruze LS with autobox to shame.
- -
Drive on,
Ulysses

·
1,233 Posts
Honestly I think you're doing very good for the 1.8. It's rated at 36 mpg highway and 22/25 city depending on the transmission.
Totally agree with j. here ... +1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts