Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I don't see how it's converted to a regular title when it specifically states REBUILT SALVAGE. I also don't think it can be taken off any future titles.

A motorcycle i once had was in a accident by a semi. Their insurance wanted to total the bike and mark the title. I told them i could fix the bike and to leave the title alone. I sold the bike and the buyer doesn't even know. But the bike was sold in pristine condition. Nothing was wrong that would break down or put his life at risk.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Following the link to the title shows "Rebuilt Salvage", so I'm not sure what it was before it became "regular".

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
My only gripes are the fact you mention the title was converted which it wasn't, it's still just a rebuilt salvage, and the fitment of where the bumper attaches to the right fender. Also I hope you added silicone to the back of those aftermarket LED fogs cuz the first few car washes it goes through will ruin them. Other than that it looks clean. It's also not completely loaded, it's lacking the sun and sound package which is available on the 2LT model.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
You can buy a non title washed Cruze for the same price or less? Rebuilt Cars should sell for 50% of the Retail price, if you ask me! Wouldn't you want something like this with a warranty and 100% legal & safe

43 Photos 1 Video

2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT

$10,800 56,527 mi. USED

GOOD DEAL

• Transmission: Automatic
  • Drivetrain: FWD

I agree with you that his salvage should be cheaper, but that's a bad example considering his salvage only has 3,000 miles and is a higher trim level. He has bids open and as long as he doesn't have a high accept threshold, I doubt anyone will pay him his full buy it now price.

·
10,713 Posts
What's up with the non OnStar mirror? I seen fleet not have it and the antenna is different. The Sticker in the glove box shows.

DCP - 6 MTHS ONSTAR DIRECTIONS & CONNECTIONS W/ AUTOMATIC CRASH RESPONSE AND TURN-BY-TURN NAVIGATION (ASK DEALER ABOUT GEOGRAPHIC COVERAGE)

UE1 - 6 MTHS ONSTAR DIRECTIONS & CONNECTIONS WITH AUTOMATIC CRASH RESPONSE AND TURN-BY- TURN NAVIGATION (ASK DEALER ABOUT GEOGRAPHIC COVERAGE)
I guess the 12 built 13's also had the older style metal coil connector with orange tab.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Following the link to the title shows "Rebuilt Salvage", so I'm not sure what it was before it became "regular".
It was a salvage title before. You wouldn't be able to register a car with a salvage title and you could spend thousands on repairs to be able pass a salvage inspection that is needed to get a rebuilt title.

·
Registered
662 Posts
CZ.JPG If the car would not be salvage, these should be your expectations. Dealers go by Black Book not KBB, etc... Just to get an idea how you stay.:)

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
The only thing going for it to command that price tag would be the mileage.

BUT, the fact that it ONLY has that kind of mileage. Could also be a bad thing. Cars don't generally take to kindly to sitting around for years.

I once bought a 78 buick. Grandma car. Very low mileage for it's age. Car drove really good. I had it for 3 days. It was the weekend and i decided to go to vegas. Got 50 miles south and the trans went. Had to limp it back home in second gear. My commute to work and home was only 12 miles. So the trans never acted up those days.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
As others have mentioned, I would have said you had it inspected and the title upgraded to rebuilt or roadworthy, not regular.

When people say 'salvage history drops the price by 50%', they're obviously assuming it's a POS.
Especially when you're selling it on the internet, you have to dispel that notion, or accept the value of a POS for it.

"The police inspected it, so you know it's great" doesn't cut it, unless there is something very special about the MD rebuilt inspection.
Here in Michigan the inspection means the lights and wipers work and it wasn't rebuilt with stolen parts. Most of the time the cop spent on my 2016 was looking for engine and transmission serial numbers.

Have any good before pics of the left front?
Maybe a description of exactly what work was done?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Looks fine to me. $12,600 clean less 25% or so for salvage history.
You looked wrong. The top price is what would you pay if you get the car from dealer. You won't get that price ever. If you sell the car to the dealer you get the bottom price. IF the car is not salvage. I guesstimate that you won't get more than 7k-(max 7.5k) for it. Unless you get luck. I don't judge you, I just want you to see how things are working nowadays. The low mileage (too low) is also a warning signal for some customers.
As a test, you can upload a few pictures and put some details and see what offer you get from VROOM:
https://www.vroom.com/
They put no questions and pick-up the car very fast if you accept the offer. But.. they price they offer may not be what you want. Give it a try.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Looks fine to me. $12,600 clean less 25% or so for salvage history.
You do great restoration work and I have only read positive reviews from those who have done business with you. Your pricing though is ridiculous. In my area this week one of the Car lots had a 2016 Cruze for under TEN grand and it wasn't a former Wrecker?

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Car allegedly sold for 8995; I find it difficult to know if that’s a good deal or not, probably not. I have sold cars on eBay, only matters if deal is completed and paid for. I wouldn’t buy that type of car there with a salvage rebuilt background, just not worth the risk in my opinion. Hope it all works out.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Car allegedly sold for 8995; I find it difficult to know if that’s a good deal or not, probably not. I have sold cars on eBay, only matters if deal is completed and paid for.
IIRC, Ati had it set up so that you'd have to pay $500 up front to exercise the Buy it Now.
Of course, being Paypal, paying $500 doesn't really mean you gave up the $500.

Maybe I need to put my 12kmi 2016 Sun&Sound car on eBay with an $11k buy it now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts