Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So thanks to the ultra sensitive trunk release on the remote I am now less one subwoofer box.

Now that I am carrying more stuff around I thought it would be nice to actually have a trunk. I was wondering if anybody has tried these
Amazon.com: Tang Band W69-1042J 6x9 Subwoofer: Electronics

So basically just want to know who has placed any kind of aftermarket 6x9 woofers in the stock holes.

Was thinking maybe even seeing what the oem parts would cost

·
Registered
47 Posts
would you be amping them or running them off the radio? they are 8 ohm speakers as a heads up. they also only play down to 35hz if put into an enclosure, i don't know about Infinite Baffle setup with these. if you do choose to use them, let us know how they sound because i'm sure lots of other people will want to do something simple like this to upgrade the sound

·
Registered
337 Posts
I am in same boat, I actually created a thread a while back asking for advice on this and someone did recommend I get those tangband 6x9s.I haven't decided what to do yet though,

Right now im leaning towards putting either 8inch subs in those 6x9 holes (making it fit) OR getting 6.5 inch subs.I'm also not sure if I will try to do free air subs or an infi baffle or even try to build my own enclosure under attached to the bottom of the deck.I keep hearing that 6x9s will only dissapoint if your looking for *sub* bass.

I even thought about getting full range 6x9s and then cutting 2 more circle holes to add subs as well in the deck but there isn't enough room for that I think.I'm also worried about how the deck will handle the vibrations if I use subs.....decisions decisions ! lol.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
33 Posts
So thanks to the ultra sensitive trunk release on the remote I am now less one subwoofer box.

Now that I am carrying more stuff around I thought it would be nice to actually have a trunk. I was wondering if anybody has tried these
Amazon.com: Tang Band W69-1042J 6x9 Subwoofer: Electronics

So basically just want to know who has placed any kind of aftermarket 6x9 woofers in the stock holes.

Was thinking maybe even seeing what the oem parts would cost
the stock pioneer system comes with subs in the back deck. i have had friends complain that the subs are right in there ears and its annoying i tried to change them out to a full range 6X9 but the wires that go to the deck only have low freq. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Eco. I traded a Lexus IS and wanted the pioneer system because I was used to good audio quality. So far the FM radio sounds much worse but that's more of an antenna and audio processor issue. I was wondering of anyone knew if my car has 1 or 2 6x9 holes, if it had existing wiring, and what kind of amp, if any I would need. What I want to do is try to replicate the pioneer system, add a little base and fullness to the sound. We don't need it bumping, just clear and tight. Money is no object since I imagine it will stay with the car forever. Should I just go to Car Toys and pay them $1,000 to set me up? I'm used to tearing apart engines, not interiors.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Ghetto Box "fully sik by nine" Challenge - Australian Capital Territory - Forums - Mobile Electronics AU

have a read of this! these guys made up a quick SPL comp catagory for 6x9 Digital Design/DD [model number DDCX6x9] speakers only ... looks like fun to me!

"results are in.
Matty did a 137.7
Crosspug busted out 136.x
James did a 132ish?
Chris registered on the mic! with a 121.x
i did a 137.8(unlucky matty)"

"I got 136 flat, box tuned to 30hz for home audio use, burped at 44hz from 1000w RMS sitting on the back seat of brad's jukebox charade.
At the next SPL comp i'll have them in my car and feed them an extra couple of kw. "

"With the older (bigger) 6x9s I did 139.x (think it was .7) in my "standard" 1.3 / 40Hz box and around 1200W"

a few quotes of numbers... they are pretty serious 6x9's! check out the build on page 4...

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
From what I know GM won't sell them. You'll also need the amp to power them. Save the cash and get the TBs and a good amp

Reactions: XtremeRevolution
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.