Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shopping for new tires and came across these. I was originally going to go with Conti DWS's, but after reading countless reviews on them lasting less than 40k miles and not really durable kinda steered me away.

Reading reviews (not only on Tirerack) on the Goodyear, people seem to love them and some are getting 80k miles before replacing.

GoodyearÂ*Assurance ComforTred Touring

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
I am/was sure impressed with them, quietness and traction was far superior to the Continentals that came with my Cruze.

Didn't even have to switch off that traction control like I did with the Continentals. How long will they last? Good question, won't find this out my my Cruze. Continentals were worn out after about 40K miles.

But who knows about batteries and tires they put on brand new vehicles, seem to have brand names on them, but both seem to be crap. Yep, the battery and the tires put on our then brand new Cruze were crap.

For years and going way back to the 50's were putting on 2 ply tires with a four ply rating, was lucky to get 15K miles out of these. 04 Cavalier was a bit better, and we drive very conservatively, were shot after 25K miles. Cruze even better, got 40K out of those.

I replaced those Goodyears on our Cavalier with Dunlop's that were shot after 25K, they lasted 110K miles before they had to be replaced.

I contacted my good Chevy dealer on our Continentals that came with the Cruze, said I would be in for an endless battle. Will claim I was hot rodding the car, low tire pressure, didn't rotate properly, car out of alignment, driving on rough roads, don't even bother, and how can one even prove this?

After years of this BS, tempted to say, keep your dam tires and battery, just sell me the car with deductions.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That seems to be the general consensus then, thanks Nick!

Getting them installed next week!

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Had to sign up for a Goodyear credit card, that took about three minutes to get a 140 buck rebate. Got a debit card from them that took care of the groceries for about a week. Think this offer is still on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts