Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I too am looking for different headlight housings. Andresv374 - those headlights look nice and look like they are high quality. I personally can't justify spending that kind of cash on headlights. I am looking for a stock looking housing but with projectors as I would like to run HID's. I just don't want to run HID's in the stock housings and blind everyone in front me.. Ideally I would like something with projectors that looks stock. Anyone looked into retro fits?

Example: HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source Inc
Completely understandable. There should be quite a few topics over retrofitting on CT, just search for it and you'll find something.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Those are similar in style to the ones im looking at. for 280$ they dont look too bad but I'll be rewiring at that price. Just worried about the quality though...

2011 2013 Chevy Cruze Halo LED DRL Light Strip Projector Headlights Black | eBay
Those were the same exact ones I was looking at originally, except they were glossy black. See if you can find anyone whose bought those or look at the seller's feedback for that product. For that price I'd say go for it if you're fine with the extra wiring.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am also thinking about getting some headlamps and HIDs but the thing is that my cruze is a lease and ill probably lose the money at the end... Thats what is holding me

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sky Light Atmospheric phenomenon Night Darkness

I just installed some 6000k HID's today. It was pretty simple. Just used the harmed that came with it, grounded each bulb, connected it to the battery and DONE. And they work perfect!!! Found a kit on eBay... Around $50 without shipping. And the best part... Replacement bulbs are only $30 for the pair! ^.^

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
View attachment 23065

I just installed some 6000k HID's today. It was pretty simple. Just used the harmed that came with it, grounded each bulb, connected it to the battery and DONE. And they work perfect!!! Found a kit on eBay... Around $50 without shipping. And the best part... Replacement bulbs are only $30 for the pair! ^.^

...and if you get pulled over for having them, your ticket will be $250.

Ask me how I know.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
What was the charge? And, where are you from? Laws may be different. I've driven by quite a few cops, during the day and at night, and haven't had a problem..... Yet? Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
H3LL0N3ARTH on this forum got the $250 fine for running HIDs. I mentioned it as a fair warning to anyone thinking of doing the same to their car. Laws are the same across the US in this regard. HID "conversion kits" are unsafe and illegal per NHTSA. Some cops may not want to waste their time, but that doesn't make them legal. The CruzeTalk staff does not support or encourage the use of these HID kits. While aftermarket headlight assemblies with projectors can be argued as vastly inferior to the factory headlights, they are a far better alternative to HID bulbs in factory housings. Read the following if you want more information: Are HID Kits Legal or Safe - The Xtreme Revolution

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Yes i got ulles over buy thia dickhead cop lol. All HIDs are illegal unless the specificly say there DOT approved on the bulbs themselves. There are a couple companies I will be buying Phillips ones there $100 a set.

Sent From An Antique,
My Original Droid.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok so I got my headlights installed today, but it did not go as planned AT ALL. Me and a buddy tried doing it ourselves at first. Taking the font bumper off was a chore and then after that we find out the wires from the headlight were not plug and play. So I just said screw it and took them to get installed at Cartoys. And they did an AMAZING job. Didn't take long at all and they did a great job, though they could not install my HIDs since they are not DOT approved. I ended up paying 170 for the installation but it was worth it. I'll have better pictures tomorrow. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Chevrolet cruze

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Alrighty it's done. Not an easy task though.
Difficulty 1-easy to 10-difficult.

Popping plastic nose rivets-5 use a screw driver or handy dandy fork like I saw in another post

removing bumper from clips on the side-8 most difficult task. You really have to man handle the thing. You have to be a little rough but no, it won't break or cause white bends.

Instruction usefulness- throw them away. Seriously, no point. Watch online vids instead.

bolting/un-bolting lights-4 there is some flex in the bolt holes so make sure when bolting on the new lights you get similar gaps on both sides between hood and lights, nose piece and light

Removing bumper parking lights sand other sensors-4 FYI I don't have fog lights

Wiring of lights-7 if you don't do much stuff with wiring this will be kind of difficult. The only parts of the lights that will be plug and play is the high and low beams. You'll have to wire up the halos, led strip and blinker. This isn't too difficult you just have to be patient and trial and error. There's only three wires to connect to the parking lights/blinkers and one (black) is a ground so you just have to find out which one pulsates and which one has continual current. Pulsating=blinker, Continuous= parking light. Halos and strip = continuous, blinker = blinker, same ground for both. Pretty simple.

Putting bumper back on-4 much easier than taking off.

Save this job for a weekend . As far as these particular lights go they seem to be pretty good quality even though they're probably the cheapest ones out there. Note that the leds and halos are not very bright and are hardly noticeable during the bright day time. They look stellar at dusk and night though. Any question let me know. I'll try posting pics

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hahaha yeah putting the bumper back on was waaaaaay easier than taking it off. Congrats man! Glad to see it came out awesome! And yeah the LEDs are alright during the day but at dusk and at night they look soooo sweet. I'll be getting my HIDs installed this Wednesday.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts