Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My 2013 Cruze has been plagued with the Neutral Idle malfunction since I got it. Since, two service centers tried to fix it for me, and both failed a number of times.

Is anyone aware if this feature can be disabled by some kind of reprogramming? It just kills my transmission when it bumps in and out of neutral all the time while in D and stopped at a light.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
There is a product update involving apply clutch replacement for this.
Are you saying the dealer has not applied the service bulletin?
Trans removal and disassembly is required.

As far as a formal disable of the feature.....nothing that I am aware of.
Since the EPA fuel economy standards were based on the 'partial neutral' there would be no dealer reprogramming available.

Rob

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both dealers took the transmission appart to apply the bulletin, PI0928, about 1 year and a half appart. I guess I will have to live with this issue. It only sucks that it will kill the transmission on the long run. So all I can do is to put it in Manual drive before a red light, drive it in Manual D in traffic, and so on.

I hoped there is a way to disable it in the A/T firmware or something.

Thanks for your input on this!

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still have 5 months of powertrain warranty left but the issue is, I bought it in Canada, and moved to Dallas this summer. I am told the warranty does not get tranfered from one country to the other. I will call GM and ask again. Thanks again.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Didn't even know the service bulletin existed. My car does that all the time (Vibrating at a stop) I'm going to bring it into the dealer before my power train warranty expires (This November)

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
It just kills my transmission when it bumps in and out of neutral all the time while in D and stopped at a light.
As a shot in the dark, you might try checking the linkage to the brake position sensor. I think the computer is looking for a sign that you're letting up on the brake to engage the transmission as it's expecting you to drive off. (The transmission needs to be engaged before you hit the gas or you'll get a hard shift.) If the sensor is sending a bad signal, or if you're bouncing your foot on the pedal, that could confuse the computer into engage/disengage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts