Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Vtuner was selling a turbo compressor upgrade for our cars. Basically you buy it and install it then ship them your old turbo for a 900$ all said and done upgrade.

I can't find any proof of anyone going through with it after google searches.

Im going e85 here shortly and wouldn't mind the extra efficiency and top end on a new wheel.
Does anyone at all know of a dyno sheet for this turbo with any mods at all? I want to see the line and how it compares to stock.

On paper it should carry power out further but I'd like to see proof before buying it. Lower intake temps and better flow over stock at high rpm would be worth it for me.

Am I just missing something?
Maybe I'm the only person interested in it?

How hard is it to run the two turbos on seperate optimal tunes with the same supporting mods and show dyno results.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Yes, i remember at least 2 or 3 peeps going with that upgrade and i remember one guy from Quebec selling it, since he was sellin his Cruze.

Personaly, i wouldnt install that unless u go for water-meth injection and intake porting. I would probably go for a downpipe too.

I drove Brian's Cruze @ Vermont tuning and i can say that it works, lol, the power is impressive!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Do some searching on sonic owners forums. There is one fellow who had a tragic experience about it and another that loves it. Claims he was at 205hp with it but really needed the upgraded valve springs to get the higher range out of it. I believe he was using e85 with his.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought I did a better job searching than that.
Intake is already ported and I'll be e85 asap.

I saw the information on their site about the springs and running the turbo high psi out to 7000 rpm.
Not sure if I really want to do that, I'd just like a powerband that doesn't fall on its face at 5k rpm.
Unless you need the springs for high psi up to oem redline. I'll have to do some more searching and think about it, thanks guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts