Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Anyone ever replace knock sensor?

1937 Views 10 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Ma v e n
I've replaced it twice and neither sensor brand new is ohm'ing out. Both bought from different places. Is there a good place to get these sensors?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,200 Posts
What does your manual say the resistance spec is supposed to be? Anyway you could post a pic or a screen shot? I don't use ohms to diagnose the sensors, and can't find in the service manual any reference to do so. they generate AC frequency. You should be checking them using a meter deter to AC Volts/Frequency. The Hertz output should fluctuate when you lightly tap on them

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,185 Posts
What does your manual say the resistance spec is supposed to be? Anyway you could post a pic or a screen shot? I don't use ohms to diagnose the sensors, and can't find in the service manual any reference to do so. they generate AC frequency. You should be checking them using a meter deter to AC Volts/Frequency. The Hertz output should fluctuate when you lightly tap on them

I gotta ask. What's a meter deter? :respect:

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,185 Posts
I've replaced it twice and neither sensor brand new is ohm'ing out. Both bought from different places. Is there a good place to get these sensors?
I know they are about $10 more, but I bought mine from a GM Dealer.

· Registered
152 Posts
Well, I just replaced mine and I got no reading on a megaohm scale. The knock sensors I’m used to getting between 500 kiloohms to 1 megaohm, but get no reading from these sensors. Haven’t figured out why yet. It’s not my equipment, I have a top of the line ideal and fluke meter (am electrician), so dont know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,200 Posts
Well, I just replaced mine and I got no reading on a megaohm scale. The knock sensors I’m used to getting between 500 kiloohms to 1 megaohm, but get no reading from these sensors. Haven’t figured out why yet. It’s not my equipment, I have a top of the line ideal and fluke meter (am electrician), so dont know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They won't display a resistance, even on a 50M ohm meter(I use a Fluke 28ii) I've never tried testing them with my 1587 because I've got no interest in frying a known good sensor, and the info would be of no additional useful significance.

Put the meter on AC voltage and tap on the sensor. You should see over 100millivolts AC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.