Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Without tests to prove it, it's just a fishing expedition. I'd like to see the case documents itself, but I'm too lazy to sign up for an account. If you're more motivated, I think you can find the info in PACER.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I'm with ChevyGuy on this one. I'm thinking they're just upset with their purchase because it's been having problems and are using this to try and get GM to buy them back.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,209 Posts
Guaranteed they have no legitimate method of actual testing this.

Greedy *****.

Jacobs sent us a letter when the VW scandal started blowing up to use our car for emissions testing for the EPA. They ended up not needing ours, but they definitely did test them and found nothing.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'm thinking they're just upset with their purchase because it's been having problems and are using this to try and get GM to buy them back.
If they're doing this without any testing to back it up, I hope GM goes after them for legal expenses. (Yes, lawsuits can sometimes blow up in people's faces.)

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
I did my own testing a while back on someone elses car... The rules are a bit weird but it passed with flying colors.

Annnd the deleted ones are something like 600 times worse when it comes to NOx. :th_salute:

I never tested HCs, don't really have the means to test those.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
no fact case, they are simply trying to get gm to give them a "here take this check and elave us alone check"

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
The firm representing these nine people, Hagens Berman, is the same firm that sued VW. I smell a rat, er, lawyer, looking to make a quick buck. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of those nine has had someone remove part or all of the emissions system. As part of this suit, GM needs to demand the court allow GM's engineers, along with a court appointed engineering team using GM's design, build, and repair documentation for the CDT to review each of those nine cars. If any of them have been modified in any way that would impact the power train and/or fuel combustion then that owner's claim needs to be tossed out and their entire warranty voided as payment of damages to GM. Basically, the car in question needs to be flagged as a salvage title.

If the suit was over the frequent failures of the various components of the CTD's emissions system then I suspect GM would be on the hook for this.

·
Premium Member
5,209 Posts
The firm representing these nine people, Hagens Berman, is the same firm that sued VW. I smell a rat, er, lawyer, looking to make a quick buck. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of those nine has had someone remove part or all of the emissions system. As part of this suit, GM needs to demand the court allow GM's engineers, along with a court appointed engineering team using GM's design, build, and repair documentation for the CDT to review each of those nine cars. If any of them have been modified in any way that would impact the power train and/or fuel combustion then that owner's claim needs to be tossed out and their entire warranty voided as payment of damages to GM. Basically, the car in question needs to be flagged as a salvage title.
And that's all assuming they even have any facts to back up their claims. I highly doubt they do.

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
And that's all assuming they even have any facts to back up their claims. I highly doubt they do.
It's more believable that nine people had a poor experience with a dealership.

·
Premium Member
5,209 Posts
It's more believable that nine people had a poor experience with a dealership.
Or had a snake of a lawyer convince them they did.

Reactions: Chris Tobin

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Or had a snake of a lawyer convince them they did.
Or more likely they had shitty dealership experience and then a snake of a lawyer who won't tell them that the dealerships aren't GM.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Or more likely they had shitty dealership experience and then a snake of a lawyer who won't tell them that the dealerships aren't GM.
Can't argue with that one bit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts