Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to replace my valve cover (PCV valve failed and gasket is leaking quite a bit). Where can i find quality parts but on the cheaper side, ive looked around and not exactly sure what sites are legit with quality parts or not. I was gonna order straight from Chevy dealership, but they want $100 shipped and i know theres gotta be something cheaper than this.

I'd like to find it as a kit that comes with Cover, Gasket and bolts preferably.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I need to replace my valve cover (PCV valve failed and gasket is leaking quite a bit).
Three things:

• It's covered by powertrain warranty. (5 years/100,000 miles for most years.)
  • You need to also check for a valve in the manifold. If that fails, it will place excessive stress on the PCV valve.
  • I believe the part has been redesigned, so you'll want to make sure you get the updated part and not the old, failure-prone part.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Go to gmpartsdirect, print out how much the online price is for the part you want. Bring the printout to your local Chevy parts department, ask them how close they can get to that price. I usually get my parts for within a few dollars of what the online cost would be, and sometimes cheaper because I "forget" to show them how much the online price would be if I included shipping charges. Bonus is you get the part the same day, or next day if they have to order it.

[h=1]55573746[/h]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts