Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
15,750 Posts
Anyone near Chicago?? I'm about 20 min away. We could set up some meets or just get together. I saw another Midwest IL thread but its rather old!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'm in the area.

Set up a meet yourself and get it going. :)

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
So when and where are the chi town cruzers going to meet , set it up !
Get to work on that idea ,and share the pertinent Information to the masses now .

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
A Saturday

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
That would be some trick ! Eco was the only spam bot that actually went looking for him her .

·
Administrator
15,750 Posts

·
Administrator
15,750 Posts
Sept 7th at 7pm at streets of wood field there will be a meet!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Let me explain how this works since I wasn't very clear before.

This thread was created with the title "Anyone near chicago?" The purpose of this thread is to inquire as to who is in the general region to determine who would be willing to go to a meet. That is the ONLY purpose for this thread. It is not for discussing times for a meet, locations for a meet, etc. The reason for this is that people will not come into this thread to discuss that based on the title. Make sense?

Your next step would be to create a new thread and title it something like "Northern IL Meet I Planning." (the I refers to roman numeral 1). Since you have gathered enough interest for a thread, your next step is to get a discussion as to where you will have this meet. Will it be at a park? At a parking lot? At a restaurant? On w-body.com, we had meets at a park in Wheaton where one of us brought a grille and we each brought some food like chips and hot dogs and buns and etc. Sometimes we'd just go to Fuddruckers together. The idea here is that there was a plan, and everyone likes to eat so it's a reason to get together. Not everyone will want to just show up in a random parking lot or a random location without anything to do.

Once you determine the date and activity for the meet, you then create a new thread in the general Events section of the forum titled "Northern Illinois Meet I" and you let me know about it, and I will stick that thread at the top for all to see. That way, people can post if they are or aren't coming. If you want people to bring food, you provide a list there and the people who are bringing food will say what they're bringing. For a first meet, I'd recommend just going to Fuddruckers or somewhere that a big group of people can sit down and chat and laugh.

You get the idea now? Nobody will come to this meet you set up in a single-line, on one post, in a feeler thread because you don't have exposure.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts