Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just curious if anyone has tried this yet. Imo it probably wouldnt be worth it considering the gains you would get compared to trifecta.
SCR

Reactions: Evofire

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is not a chip, its an actual programmer, kinda like trifecta except it doesnt have the gains like trifect. It does have datalogging and can display boost gauge plus other perimeters. Kinda neat i think, not that i plan on getting it. They are always updating and tweaking the programs on it for the cars.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I would love that if I could load my own tunes (trifecta) onto it. It seems a lot like Cobb accessports

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone else in the forum used the Superchips SCR tuner besides me? So far I am pretty impressed with the tuner. Like having the digital display mounted and able to see different PID's for the car. The only thing i have noticed is some surging when accelerating quickly. Have a case opened with Superchips about it. Overall I like it. Had a Superchips tuner for my Dodge Hemi and it made a big difference in it as well. Hopefully someone else on here might be using one as well and would be interested in their thoughts? No other mods, have the K&N air intake coming in tomorrow. Looking at doing the Spark Plug replacement with the correct gaping. Please don't blow me up cause I went with Superchips and not Trifecta. If Superchips can't figure out the surge, I will probably return it and go with the trifecta tune. I like having the programmer handy to switch back to stock. I know you can buy the cable and do that with the Trifecta tune. I set mine back to stock any time I take to the dealership, don't trust them to do something with the computer and screw up the tune. Any thoughts from other users is greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
Not a Superchips user but im trifecta tuned and these cars are prone to surge when tuning. Especially in the midrange if youve altered anything else in the intake or exhaust. I have a trifecta tune and K&N SRI and Forge BPV. Steven with WOT-Tuning and Vince are dialing mine in right now to fix a little stumble and surge in the midrange. It isnt a downer agianst any tuner but every car is different due to differing gas types and octanes even with the same rating, differing baro and altitude adjustments, and just variations among production pieces.
Ive also found almost every car needs some tune adjustment with an intake due to the difference in airflow velocity and pressure across the maf. If you truly want to dial it in you need to go with a tuner that will individually tweak the tune for your car. Trifecta, VTuner, and ive seen a few running EFIlive and Hptuners.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the info prince. I have a ticket opened with superchips. Going to do some data logging to send to them. Overall I am very impressed with the tuner. I can live with a little surge, but its more then a little surge. So I will wait to see what happens with superchips. I get my K&N SRI today, but probably wont put it on till this weekend. On a side note, I see you are from Pikeville Prince. I have a lot of family from Hazard. We had our family reunion there a few years back. I was in the Army with a friend who was from Pikeville. Small world! Thanks again for the post!

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Those chips are scams. I would never trust a random person touching my ecu lol
Superchips is legit. The are called "chips" due to having been around since the early days of tuning, when it required you replace the actual chip in the ECU. This is not one of those resistors you stick in then IAT or such.

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
Superchips is legit. The are called "chips" due to having been around since the early days of tuning, when it required you replace the actual chip in the ECU. This is not one of those resistors you stick in then IAT or such.
Never heard of them, what are the advantages of having this over trifecta?

·
10,712 Posts
I can vouch for super chips as a company, I had a Excalibur 2 and I ran 2 tunes off it. That thing spoiled me since you have the ability to modify the tuners tune. You can change timing, revs per mile(great for winter tires) shift times for each foreword gear on auto trans, and shift pressure of the auto trans just of top of my head. After I got my Accessport I hated the **** out of it. I hated it so much I sold it and went open source since you couldn't do anything but flash tunes vs how trifecta has you switch with the cruise control switch. Last time I seen the steering wheel buttons used was line lock activation.

I thought there was a few members from here posting on the SCT site.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Yes Superchips has been around for years and always put out a good product.I do think they will fix your surging problem.The data log will give a tuner a good idea of were the problem is.I can say i have never had any surge at all with my tuning.But i can see when your talking different heights above sea level.You could develope a problem

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Never heard of them, what are the advantages of having this over trifecta?
I have never used the SCR or tuners from them, so I really can't say, but IMO I would get VTune or Trifecta for the Cruze. Superchips were awesome and one of the top tunes back in the day, but on imports/tuners I have seen them fall short.

I had a Superchip on my old TransAm and I loved it, but with so much being ECM controlled these days, I would go with something which has been proven for your specific car, unless you just want to take the risk.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks everyone for all the comments. I appreciate it. I haven't ruled out getting the Trifecta Tune, going to give Superchips a chance to correct it then if they cant it will get returned. I saw BNR is having another sale where you get the EZflash cable for free. Just cant justify having both right now, even though I should get the Trifecta with the free EZFlash cable while the sale is on?? Decisions Decisions! Thanks again everyone!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.