Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '17 Premier hatchback which ahs the chrome all the way around the windows. Looking for someone (preferably in the New England area) I could meet up with on a weekend and swap with the LS all black trim. I know it's a long shot but it's worth a shot!

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
It's a lot of work, but have you looked at wrapping the chrome?
Would save you the removal (and possibly damaging) either set.
I am ready to do the same with mine, and I only have the LT chrome.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I've got black on my Redline....nonyou can't have them. LOL

Seriously though, wrap them or plastidip them. Both easily reversed, far less likely to cause damage during removal or install, and cheaper

I'm with you though, black totally changes the car

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a lot of work, but have you looked at wrapping the chrome?
Would save you the removal (and possibly damaging) either set.
I am ready to do the same with mine, and I only have the LT chrome.
The top trims are easy to remove - they literally just pop off and back on. I accidentally took one off when I was removing my stick-on rain guards. The corner parts I'm sure are bolted on from underneath interior trim and I'm sure the lower trims just pop off as well, though a little more difficult than the upper ones. I was thinking of doing the plastidip thing and if I did I'd probably remove them all anyways to do it. Want to do the grille surrounds at the same time.

I've got black on my Redline....nonyou can't have them. LOL
🤣🤣

Seriously though, wrap them or plastidip them. Both easily reversed, far less likely to cause damage during removal or install, and cheaper

I'm with you though, black totally changes the car
Yea I got the black bowties already and the little bit of chrome helps make them stand out. I already got rid of the chrome rear "CRUZE" and "PREMIER" emblems and put on a Cruze redline one instead. Going black/red theme for this. Going to get a red stripe done as a wrap and maybe get the mirrors done the same color. Going for a dark metallic red, something like what Mazda has been using lately. Planning on getting the RS spoiler befor eI do the stripe though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts