Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have a few questions:

Is it normal that most of the turbine noise is upfront, moreso than out the tailpipe? When i say out front, i mean under the drivers side door.

Did the combo affect your gas milage? I never really paid any attention to the current L/100km but i noticed anytime in half throttle or a little more in 1st or 2nd gear (6spd manual) its says anywhere from 20-25L/100km. Again maybe im just paranoid. When im in 5th and 6th its in the normal 4-8 L/100km.

i replaced all gaskets with new and i keep thinking i hear an exhaust leak, althought ive crawled under the car with it running and cant hear or see anything. Maybe im just paranoid where its a new car.

i think the part that has me worried the most is the whole vband system. Never
worked with them in my life.

Also, once installed, did you notice an increase vibration on a downshift, its not bad just noticable in the seat of your pants.

on the plus side, ive put over 500kms and probably 30-40 keycycles on it and no cel!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the downpipe but haven't installed it yet...getting a tune first then ill put it on. How much were the gaskets and you have a part number on them?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have the part numbers i went to the dealer and they found them. They were like $7 each

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I'm tuned. Ordering catless downpipe and midpipe in a few weeks. Gonna post back.

Still love feedback prior, though.

Sent from my Note 3

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think im may just be paranoid. Plus the gas milage thing, were on winter blend gas which is crap.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the BNR dp, which is the same thing, and the zzp mid pipe, both catless. I threw a P0420 in a few key cycles after the install, which i disabled with HPTuners. I didn't notice a lot of sound because I already had an intake that was quite loud, and I didn't notice much of a change in power or economy. The biggest power gain has been the custom tuning and running 93 octane. I will say, my measured airflow numbers were close to a lb/min higher at the same pressure after installing the catless DP and my FMIC kit, so that may indicate a small HP gain. I do these modifications mostly to make the whole system more efficient across the board - the less restriction in the system, the less hard everything has to work.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
I have both with a short ram intake on tuned 2012.

Your going to hear the turbo more so by the engine bay as the cats are not there to dampen it now. I can still get a whine out the tailpipe on cold starts but it is still muted due to the stock muffler.

Have not noticed a drop not in fuel economy but take that with a grain of salt as temps dropped the day after they were put on.

I did have an exhaust leak, but it was due to my downpipe flange clamp being loose. Got it fixed now. I just reused the old gaskets everywhere else and have not had an issue with any other leaks.

As for the vibration, I would say if your feeling anything it's due to that too small piece of flex they put in the mid-pipe.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
I have the dp and I had to put the stock intake back on to take it in for service and you could hear the turbine wheel spinning (sounds pretty cool) and when I do a cold start I can hear it through the back but that's about it.. I didn't notice any mpg changes. Overall I would say its a good mod to help with the load and stress put on your turbo and free up the exhaust, but wouldn't expect to see any increases in mpg because you will put your foot into it more to hear the spool..

Gasket part number.. 13252501

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys and gals, thanks for answering my question. Going to take it to my buddies shop to make sure it doesnt have any leaks. I havent had any time to really try it out as weve had nothing but snow here. I have to admit, the spool does soud pretty sweet tho!

·
Premium Member
906 Posts

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts