Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I wanted to share a build project I am starting and get some feedback and input from you all. Over two years ago I bought these: ANZO USA | CHEVY CRUZE 11-15 PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS BLACK w/ HALO (LED LOW-BROW DESIGN) and now they need some serious updating/upgrading.

The LED strip on the driver side has multiple leds that are no longer working and the plug and play connectors melted on both sides and the driver side low beam bulb just burnt out. So... With all that said and I'm out of warranty I figured I will use this housing to make an awesome headlight. The halo's are not bright at all, in fact you can barely see them in the daytime so I may as well replace those as well.

These lights do have a lot going on. The high (H1) and low (H7) beams are separate, 2 halos, an led bar, and turn signal. When the car is started and parking break released the cars drl is the low beam, 2 halos and led. If I want to run just the halos and led without the low beam, all i have to do is turn off the drl with the switch on the dashboard and turn the knob once to the right. I would like to keep this working as is.

I saw a post from extreme rev. about updating the wiring harness for the stock headlights that uses an H13/9008 headlight http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/137-...ow-upgrade-your-headlight-wiring-harness.html. I figured I may as well upgrade the wiring harness as well but didn't know if it would be better (or even possible) to modify that harness to use with my setup or get a different harness. I have not found a harness yet that runs both H1 and H7 for more heavy duty harnesses. What do you all think?

Here is my current build parts list:

What do you guys think? My biggest concern is the wiring harness

·
Administrator
15,853 Posts
First recommendation is you upgrade the wiring harness but also the HID kit. Those $50 kits really aren't very reliable. Go over on Diode Dynamics or TheRetrofitSource and get yourself a proper HID kit. It will cost you more but it will be far more reliable. Otherwise, looks like you're on the right track.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First recommendation is you upgrade the wiring harness but also the HID kit. Those $50 kits really aren't very reliable. Go over on Diode Dynamics or TheRetrofitSource and get yourself a proper HID kit. It will cost you more but it will be far more reliable. Otherwise, looks like you're on the right track.
Do you think the wiring harness that you made would work for this even thought the high & low beams are separated?

·
Administrator
15,853 Posts
Do you think the wiring harness that you made would work for this even thought the high & low beams are separated?
How would you connect the headlights otherwise? Wouldn't there be an adapter to the OEM harness?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.