Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts

I've been using a Galaxy Tab A for testing which is kind of mid to even lowish range performance wise. It can get kinda laggy if you have lots of gauges, especially the graphical ones, but I've never seen the internal stuff get backlogged which is a good sign.
Okay great, I'll check it out further. Have some time this arvo!

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Okay great, I'll check it out further. Have some time this arvo!

I got your PIDs btw. You'll have a new pid DPF Soot Accumulation (%) and DPF Regen Status (Not Active, Active).

There is no soot mass in grams PID. Also I hope those are for your vehicle haha. They'll be in the next update maybe next week sometime?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got your PIDs btw. You'll have a new pid DPF Soot Accumulation (%) and DPF Regen Status (Not Active, Active).

There is no soot mass in grams PID. Also I hope those are for your vehicle haha. They'll be in the next update maybe next week sometime?
Amazing, thanks!

I believe I got that mostly fixed in one of the latest updates. iirc it was still using the old system instead of the parallel system which would sometimes lead to timeouts. It'll still probably happen and I need to put in some fault tolerances but since its very easy to just pull down and refresh its not a top concern at the moment.
You're exactly right. Pulling down as soon as you get to the modules is a fine fix.

Still to test wifi over the slave will do it tomorrow!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wifi worked well with the N7. Still crashes when connected direct to the OBDlink though - but not a major issue since phone is always handy! - just need to get them on the same network when away from home. Either I'll end up using an old android phone to be constant hotspotting set up with tasker - whenever a charge is detected (from car) wifi turns on - or just run gretio direct on the phone at all times.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Wifi worked well with the N7. Still crashes when connected direct to the OBDlink though - but not a major issue since phone is always handy! - just need to get them on the same network when away from home. Either I'll end up using an old android phone to be constant hotspotting set up with tasker - whenever a charge is detected (from car) wifi turns on - or just run gretio direct on the phone at all times.
Should work with the n7. I’m not getting any crash records for a nexus. :( You people and your privacy concerns!! But if I got those crash records it’ll pinpoint what’s up.

There was a MASSIVE api change between when you had the crash and before. It required some changes across the board but I must of missed a spot that’s only happening on the N7.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Should work with the n7. I’m not getting any crash records for a nexus. :( You people and your privacy concerns!! But if I got those crash records it’ll pinpoint what’s up.
I dont remember blocking any outgoing info? Unless I've missed something obvious (entirely possible!). Let me know how to go about enabling this.
But as I said, not a huge deal!

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You didn't hear it from me but the newest update might let you use normal ELM327s. You'll be running in a limited mode compared to the more powerful OBDLINK device, and that's assuming it runs at all since elms have bad quality.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Been on holidays for 1.5 weeks & got back yesterday. Amazing. The PDF Regen status doesnt work but the soot accumulation does.
Thank you so much!!!!!

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Been on holidays for 1.5 weeks & got back yesterday. Amazing. The PDF Regen status doesnt work but the soot accumulation does.
Thank you so much!!!!!
Probably cause I just didn't add it in for some reason :cautious:

It'll magically start working whenever I update the database again.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Latest update adds some much needed features.

App now disconnects roughly 20 seconds after you turn the key off. So no more worrying about draining your car battery. This only works with OBDLINKs. If you do something like turn the key off then on again it'll detect that so don't worry there.

It'll also prompt you if connection is lost for other reasons. Such as if you walk away.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Quick update on the latest.

The latest elm testing is going pretty poorly. Assuming the elms do pass the initialization phase there is a good chance they have some other bug which causes other erratic behavior. Could more be done to make them work? Yes. But Gretio is the standard on how the device should work, not the other way around. So really my best advice is to get a refund and buy something like an OBDLINK or contact the makers and try and get them to add support.

Having said that you can modify the PID rate which can limit the overall throughput. It may be enough to get some trouble makers working.

The focus lately has really been error recovery. Lots of cool stuff to keep things moving in the background. Enough for me to say Gretio is now officially released. To get your free copy you need to have BiScan installed from the play store.

Controls will be released in the coming weeks :)

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Very cool. Keep up the good work.

If you need feedback / data from my device I'd be happy to share.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Enough for me to say Gretio is now officially released.
Grats on the release! So I thought I'd try it on my N7 2013 tablet again. This morning I cleared all Gretio data, BT OBD pairing and started from scratch. There was an issue to begin with. The OBDlink was struggling to make a connection with the app - it would not move beyong 'testing' (as per the drop-down notification area). So I tried slowing down the PID rate to 'slow' and that seemed to improve things, which seemed to work - albeit whenever the app said 'connected to GM network' (as per drop-down) and I navigate to the modules or the main page with the instruments (which had nothing beyond the default engine RPM) the app would crash.
I sent through a couple of the logs through the android reporting system.

It works fine on my phone, although it did keep crashing this morning whenever I would refresh the connection on the modules page - but a restart of the phone seemed to fix that problem.

Thanks for all your hard work!

And I have a suggestion for the instrument panel - some PIDs are % based yet the instrument cluster always reads like a speedo even if you put a max input of 100, so for example, when 100% is being reached, the 'needle' is near the top left of its panel rather than the far right as one would expect when the maximum figure is being attained. So my feedback is it would be good if the instrument panels scaled based on what one sets the maximum value to - and again, this is out of ignorance for how difficult these things are to implement, so in all things, thanks so much for your hard work.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
A big reason I wanted a free app was so people could see if they had problems beforehand.

There's a lot of variation in BT between phones as I have learned. Which could be why the slow profile is working better. Some are very finicky. I hope to get them all working at some point.

Im a little confused about the % based. One thing is if you have like -400 to 100 set as your min max the needle will go from 0 to 400 (because absolute value).

Likewise you can do weird stuff like 1000 to 2000 and it auto adjusts to the range

There is some trickery at play because it tries to pick numbers that make sense. So like it'll go up by 1,2 or 5. But not 3 or 4 or 6, etc...

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Grats on the release! So I thought I'd try it on my N7 2013 tablet again. This morning I cleared all Gretio data, BT OBD pairing and started from scratch. There was an issue to begin with. The OBDlink was struggling to make a connection with the app - it would not move beyong 'testing' (as per the drop-down notification area). So I tried slowing down the PID rate to 'slow' and that seemed to improve things, which seemed to work - albeit whenever the app said 'connected to GM network' (as per drop-down) and I navigate to the modules or the main page with the instruments (which had nothing beyond the default engine RPM) the app would crash.
I sent through a couple of the logs through the android reporting system.

I believe I fixed your nexus tablet. The error reports gave nothing I had to manually replicate it and add my own error checking system even. It ended up being a really deep Android (core java lib) api just not working on certain devices and causing a crash.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks man, amazing. It works beautifully on the N7 now! I went out for a drive and gave it a test. Worked well, even on 'slow' PID rate. Sorry for my late reply - seems email notification didnt come through.
I understand now why you said you are confused by my lack of insight into the control scaling. It seems the scaling works well for the 'classic tick gauge' but not the 'gradient gauge' (which is no problem by the way - it's just that the things I wanted scaled I happened to choose the gradient gauge - but readding them under the classic tick gauge allows for the proper scaling).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi, I’m a user experience designer and was wondering if you still were interested in app feedback. I’d love to be if any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hi, I’m a user experience designer and was wondering if you still were interested in app feedback. I’d love to be if any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The core of the app (monitoring PIDs) is done at this point. Just more features going forward. You can get it for free you just lose out on some features.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts