Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,307 Posts
So, what does that do in comparison to BiScan?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
So, what does that do in comparison to BiScan?
Standalone. More PIDs. Better Code Scanning. More controls. Auto vehicle identification (shows you what PIDs work, what doesn’t, etc...). Better life cycle as in the app responds to the vehicle shutting off. Overall just a lot more modern.

Only downside (or upside) is it only works with OBDLINKs as many of those things just aren’t possible otherwise.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just sent out the version with drum roll controls including regens as a public release.
Relevant Facebook photo.

Should support regens for the 1.6L and 2.0L diesels, among other things.
Awesome, well done!

Being an aussie with a korean-made 2.0l TD, is there a possibility of building in a regen option for us?
I'd be more than willing to sponsor you to do so, if that's something you'll consider - PM me?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Awesome, well done!

Being an aussie with a korean-made 2.0l TD, is there a possibility of building in a regen option for us?
I'd be more than willing to sponsor you to do so, if that's something you'll consider - PM me?

It’s mostly a VIN limitation. To insure controls work properly they are filled based on your VIN among other considerations. Just need the first 9 characters of the VIN and then I can see what controls it should use.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Also spoiler:

iOS.

Due to Apple Licensing fees only the OBDLINK MX+ will work with Gretio on iOS.

It will otherwise work exactly like Android Gretio but will have a user interface exclusive to iOS.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It’s mostly a VIN limitation. To insure controls work properly they are filled based on your VIN among other considerations. Just need the first 9 characters of the VIN and then I can see what controls it should use.
:) fantastic. KL3JA35Y9

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
:) fantastic. KL3JA35Y9
Exclelent. I’ll try to get it in the next update.I just put out the latest update to public tonight so may be at least a week.

Until then you can go to OBD2 Settings -> Server Settings -> Check “Ignore Control Limits” which will make the algorithm much more lenient. The “Advanced Diesel Controls” will have the basic stuff such as regens and some service tests. Don’t use any group labeled with an engine code such as “L5P Injector Control” as those are coded specific for that engine. They generally still work but injector 1 may be injector 4 or some nonsense like that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Exclelent. I’ll try to get it in the next update.I just put out the latest update to public tonight so may be at least a week.

Until then you can go to OBD2 Settings -> Server Settings -> Check “Ignore Control Limits” which will make the algorithm much more lenient. The “Advanced Diesel Controls” will have the basic stuff such as regens and some service tests. Don’t use any group labeled with an engine code such as “L5P Injector Control” as those are coded specific for that engine. They generally still work but injector 1 may be injector 4 or some nonsense like that.
I will try it out when my wife gets back with the car. Can't wait. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I get nothing. I've got OBDLink MX+ it works with software that came with it but not with this. I click on service and get nothing. It shows obdlink but thats it.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I have a substantial hot fix coming for the beta users.

Going forward existing users should change the PID Update Rate to moderate (found in OBD2 Settings -> Server Settings). The latest updates added a substantial amount of PIDs which has caused a lot more cross - module communication. It's kind of a gamble how well each module treats this but overall it's not great. So things need to be slowed down a little.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No luck with the controls - also seem to have lost the DPF soot accumulation % you put in a while back.
That is with ignore control limits on and off as well as moderate PID rate.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
No luck with the controls - also seem to have lost the DPF soot accumulation % you put in a while back.
That is with ignore control limits on and off as well as moderate PID rate.
The database got a massive refresh and I remember putting in that PID explicitly. So it may have gotten missed.

When I add it again it’ll likely have a new ID so the old gauge won’t work. You’ll have to make a new one matching the new ID.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Has anyone got this to connect with a mx+
Should work with any version of the MX+.

Here is a tutorial I made while I was sick. One of these days I need to record again...

The app is a little different now than it was then but the principles are the same. There are just a lot more PIDs now, controls, and there are in app prompts for some things like “No device found. Retry?” instead of the crappy Android notification. You can still use the classic notification normally but it no longer actually notifies you (vibrates phone). It just silently updates itself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The database got a massive refresh and I remember putting in that PID explicitly. So it may have gotten missed.

When I add it again it’ll likely have a new ID so the old gauge won’t work. You’ll have to make a new one matching the new ID.
No problem. I did try to add a new gauge but it came up red in the ECM with no data.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
No problem. I did try to add a new gauge but it came up red in the ECM with no data.
There is two of those PIDs with the same name. I renamed yours to DPF Soot Accumulation Holden/Korea.

As for why they are named the same I don’t know ask GM. But I’m trying to keep things consistent with other scan tools.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts