Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
The default tach says 0 rpm. I added a few random gauges and they worked.
It's possible that gauge is using the old ID system. (so its ID would just be 12). The new system just uses a generic random number because 12 doesn't differentiate between ECM and TCM or other sources of Engine Speed. The gauges are suppose to migrate to the new system but maybe it's not working right.

Just hold it and release it in the same spot. Then click remove. Then just add a new "Engine Speed" from the ECM. Then it should have the proper ID.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is two of those PIDs with the same name. I renamed yours to DPF Soot Accumulation Holden/Korea.
Sorry to be super annoying :(
I can't see that renamed PID. I can see soot accumulation in grams and as a % (which are all red).

Other PIDs work such as engine speed etc.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Sorry to be super annoying :(
I can't see that renamed PID. I can see soot accumulation in grams and as a % (which are all red).

Other PIDs work such as engine speed etc.
Thanks.
Sorry I have a lot of things to keep track of but the DB version with THAT pid is now in the app. Give it a day for Google to process it.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
New update!

Has quite a few more controls across the board. For the diesel Cruze the new stuff (and some old new stuff) is...
  • DEF Heater Controls
  • DEF Injector Controls
  • DEF Pump and Purge solenoid controls
  • Other misc DEF, NOx, DPF, etc resets
  • Power Relay Controls i.e RAP Relay
  • Cooling Fan Controls
In addition...
  • You can now turn the screen when selecting PIDs without it clearing your selections or scroll position. Yes this one made me angry too.
  • Categorical (enumerable) pids are now scheduled slower. This should help keep data traffic to a min.
  • All modules on the network will now show up, including gateways and HMICMs.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Also due to COVID it may take some time to actually update on your device. Unfortunately there is not much I can do to speed things up.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Hey guys. Past month has mostly been stability and tiny updates.
  • The UI Lifecycle has been reworked. Before it utilized Android's built in stuff but now it just handles it on its own which is much safer.
  • Some client-server desync issues have been fixed. Again insanely rare anyone ran into these issues as they self fixed themselves but things should just happen quicker now. Sometimes you would see "Channel Closed" on the PID list.
  • Android Q dark mode is now supported. You can enable it by enabling "Battery Saver" or "Dark Mode" or "Night Mode" on your phone. Only the newest Android OS supports this. The changes are minor but its made to match other Dark Mode apps.
  • The stupid bug where the Data View menu crashed when empty has been fixed.
  • ELM327 mode has been stripped down even further to hopefully allow more junk china adapters to work. ELM mode isn't near as good as OBDLINK mode. There will be random issues. The app will always recover but some things like pulling a large list of DTCs may not work correctly. There is no fix for this.
  • A new bluetooth pairing system is ready but unfortunately it is broken internally in like 80% of phones. It's unlikely this will be added until Google fixes it (if they fix it...).
Some future focuses
  • Add ability to reorder dash items.
  • Add ability to modify dash grid size.
  • Fix dash popup menu not showing up correctly when in horizontal.
  • Implement record mode on server for future graphing system.
  • Improve user feedback to issues
  • Make workarounds for Android bluetooth issues :rolleyes: interfering with initial connection to devices.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Small update:
  • An Android bug causes a crash when the OBD2 service is started. Some changes have been done to minimize this happening but sadly it’s an Android bug not a Gretio bug. I have personally never replicated this bug but as more and more people are using Gretio it’s popping up rarely.
  • The dashboard now saves the ‘Z’ position of your instruments. This means you can now reliably have gauges lying on top of each other.
  • More commercial vehicles should now be auto identified (I.e. chassis cabs).
  • Key fob programming has been added. Programming a new fob can be a little finicky with this method, but deleting previous key fobs is very easy. You can follow the Key Fob Identifier PIDs.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Latest 'beta' version adds SWCAN abilities for applicable devices. So you can now see things like the radio, DIC, etc... Right now its a little unruly but some upcoming changes will help fix that. Since we need a little more 'context' to help keep track of things the old database will be wiped. Not a big deal just means you have to go through a scan again. At the moment we only have PIDs for the Inflatible Restraint Module, but I'll see if I can get some more in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just wanted to say I have been loving this app, in particular how quickly it connects and brings up the gauges, and of course being able to see the DPF and regen it manually is so helpful. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Hey guys. The current beta version will likely remain in Beta for at least another month. You can get the beta versions by just visiting the store pages. Gretio - Google Play

But the latest beta introduces drum roll PROGRAMMING... Okay not tuning. Just programming. All you can do right now is turn on the HVAC Afterblow and do injector IQA programming. There isn't really a whole lot you can program on the scan tool side of things.

And there are realtime graphs now :). They work just like any other instrument and have a good amount of customization.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts