Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This issue impacts some other cars from my web searches. And it was brought on by IOS 14 I believe. Basically, if I'm listening to music from my phone through carplay, it starts to distort at some point. Sometimes it's just 10 minutes into the drive, sometimes it makes it maybe an hour. It sounds fine and normal until suddenly the sounds starts clipping and popping. Unplugging the phone and plugging in back in OR changing to another source (XM etc) and back to USB will resolve it for a while. Given how long IOS 14 has been out it doesn't look like something Apple considers to be their problem.

I've got an appointment Friday to have this looked at. Has anybody else experienced this? Also, has anybody had experience with or heard about any of the hidden 'dealer only' fixes for the Infotainment software? I've been surprised that in 18 months there has never been an update to the software.

Our Subaru doesn't experience the distortion issue. There is a chance IOS 14.4 will fix it. If it does, I'll update this thread.

Also, my screen sometimes registers ghost presses in certain spots especially when it's very cold. Glad I'm only at 31K miles but this is actually the first post sales issue the car has had of any sort.

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
The Carplay issue is related to your phone and OS software level, it's not the vehicle.

The ghosting issue cold be related to getting cleaning chemicals/disinfectants on it, or moisture/dirty screen.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would update the iphones software, I’ve heard about the distortion you’re talking about. If for whatever reason it doesn’t do the trick, back the phone up and then do a full software restore hooked up to the computer (then put your backup back on). I’ve never had any issues myself with the same infotainment unit but I couldn’t really see how the receiver would cause “ghost touching”. Fingers crossed it a software restore takes care of both issues

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Surprisingly, the dealer was eager to put me in a loaner Trax. They kept it overnight hoping the imagined screen touch issue would be reproduceable in the cold morning air. It wasn't. They applied some software update that dealers have access to. I haven't had a long enough drive to see if the distortion problem has changed at all.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Cruze
126 Posts
Same issue with my LT playing over car play music starts to static after awhile & I also notice the USB module gets warm when it does.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My distortion issue didn't go away from whatever update they tried. The car also won't go into 6th gear now. :( For 31K miles this car required absolutely zero unscheduled dealer visits but now I'm fighting 2 Infotainment issues and now this transmission thing. Hopefully they get it cleared up. Am still in warranty.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The transmission thing turned out to be a non-issue. It's a certain climate condition that locks 6th gear out to reduce engine icing or something. No movement on distortion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts