Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My overlays came today. Now I just need my car to get here. Although the instructions seem pretty thorough, I'm confused on something. They want you to mist the overlay with water. Do they mean the adhesive side like when doing window tint or do they mean the face side (non adhesive side)

Also, they got you working fom the left wing then over to the right. I would have thought it would be better to work from the center and then to the outsides. No??
Thanks.

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
They want you to mist the overlay with water. Do they mean the adhesive side like when doing window tint or do they mean the face side (non adhesive side)
spray the emblem itself then apply. i did it left to right but if I were to do it again I would start at the center.

CruzeLTZ is referring to the overlay itself.
Cruzeman is referring to the emblem.

Cruzeman, are you referring to the gold chevy bowtie (emblem) on the car?

I'm getting ready to order some overlays for mine, I'd like to get them applied right the first time.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
spray the emblem itself then apply. i did it left to right but if I were to do it again I would start at the center.

OK so its kind of putting a screen protector on a phone. Spray the phone, lay the film on and squeegee the water out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK so its kind of putting a screen protector on a phone. Spray the phone, lay the film on and squeegee the water out.

I'm confused now. Spray the gold emblem, the adhesive side of the vinyl overlay or the glossy face side of the overlay.

Thanks

·
Registered
337 Posts
I am actually on my second attempt and I have been putting it off, Someone should perfect it and then make a youtube video =D

On my first try the rear badge was a tad crooked and I ripped a corner off the front one :(, I didnt spray either of them though I was worried it would ruin them.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I started from the center on the front one and it wrinkled so i took it off and ordered a new one. Starred on the left wing with the new one and it came out perfect. I didnt spray anything lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I started from the center on the front one and it wrinkled so i took it off and ordered a new one. Starred on the left wing with the new one and it came out perfect. I didnt spray anything lol
Great. I will start with the left wing first too then like they say to. I will probably not spray anything either. Don't want to weaken the adhesive anymore than i need to.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Spray the bowtie and the adhesive side of the decal. The water will not harm the adhesive - it is designed to be installed wet.
Wish i would have read the instuctions the first time :/. Then i wouldnt have had to buy a new one lol. Still, great product though!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Spray the bowtie and the adhesive side of the decal. The water will not harm the adhesive - it is designed to be installed wet.
Thanks GrafxWerks. And thanks for the very fast shipping! I thought coming from Canada it would sit in customs forever. Ordered the overlays mid last week and they got here in Wisconsin yesterday. I like that speed service.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.