Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2011 LS manual transmission has 90,000 miles on it and is getting codes P0496, P0171, and P0442. I took it to a Buick dealer that's closest to my house and they said it needs a new Evap purge valve and solenoid. They said these parts are not covered by the warranty but aren't they part of the powertrain?

I also had to replace the cooling fan recently which wasn't covered and I guess that makes sense (it was a $400 repair).

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
At best they would have been covered by the emissions warranty, which only extends to 80,000 miles. Most likely they were only covered under the B2B warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I'll buy the purge valve first and do it myself as that seems very easy to replace.
Changed my purge valve yesterday, took about 5 minutes. Be careful taking off the vacuum lines, I broke the red clip on one of them, it still locks in place, but wish I hadn't broke off one side of the red clip.

Note - changing the purge valve removed 5 OBD codes, P015B, P0171 (3 of them) and P2270. Had multiple P0171's before changing the purge valve (located on top of engine, toward back), now get 0 codes! Yeah :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts