Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The warning comes after an Arizona man in his 60s died from taking a substance used to clean fish tanks at aquariums in order to prevent contracting COVID-19.

In a statement released on Monday, experts emphasized that chloroquine, which is a medication used for malaria, should not be taken to treat or prevent COVID-19.
Banner Health officials say the man who died, along with his wife, both took chloroquine phosphate. The man's wife, who was also in her 60s, is currently under critical care.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Why the hell is this in "Cruze news and reviews?"

At least post in the off-topic forum FFS.

·
Administrator
25,375 Posts
Moved to R&P.

·
Administrator
25,375 Posts
The French are investigating a combination of Chloroquine, which is an anti-malarial drug, and an AIDS drug to combat COVID-19. Their initial results are very positive, apparently with a combination of these two prescription drugs eliminating COVID-19 in 5 or 6 days. Trump announced this and between his usual botching of scientific details and the US media's stupidity on all reporting, some folks got the message that Chloroquine is a "cure". The problem is that you have to be very careful with dosing as either of these two drugs can quickly kill you if you take too much.

·
Registered
348 Posts
There is a huge difference between fish tank cleaner and a prescribed drug using some, but not all, of the same ingredients. Trump was referring to the prescribed drug version.

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Medicine is a poison if taken incorrectly. I think this particular report is natural selection at its best. If only we as a society allowed natural selection to work... every year idiocracy becomes a documentary.

·
Administrator
25,375 Posts
The FDA has approved Chloroquine for limited usage against COVID-19. They're looking for live feedback from physicians to confirm or refute the trials that have been occurring in France.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for the warning, but I do not clean my saltwater aquarium ver often because I decided to search as much information as I can to make it clean naturally like in a sea, so I bought some live rocks which are a great house for live organisms which clean the water and some fireworms which are killing some bacteria and eat algae and their seed, so I clean the tanj very rarely, about 2 times in trimester.

·
Administrator
25,375 Posts
Fish tank cleaner with cloroquine is not the same chemical as the prescription hydroxycloriquine.

·
Administrator
25,375 Posts
The warning comes after an Arizona man in his 60s died from taking a substance used to clean fish tanks at aquariums in order to prevent contracting COVID-19.

In a statement released on Monday, experts emphasized that chloroquine, which is a medication used for malaria, should not be taken to treat or prevent COVID-19.
Banner Health officials say the man who died, along with his wife, both took chloroquine phosphate. The man's wife, who was also in her 60s, is currently under critical care.
Acutally, cloroquine phosphate is NOT the same as hydroxycloroquine.

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts