Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I know most of you probably don't listen to CD's anymore or let alone still bring them in the car as not to have additional stuff laying around in the seats but I have a question or two.

Does anyone carry CD's in their Cruze? And if so, how many CD's (if at all) can fit in the armrest console while being in their cases? Will the armrest console close with a CD or two in its case in there? If so, do you have to turn it upside down to fit? I ask because even though most of my music is on my ipod touch I still will occasionally buy a CD of a artist that I really like and wanted to know if its going to be possible if i buy the cruze to put a few CD's in it. Thanks!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Love your sense of humor? You made me laugh!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Even though I only use my flash drive, I just checked for myself and comfortably fit 10 slim jewel cases in there, and was able to close the cover.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even though I only use my flash drive, I just checked for myself and comfortably fit 10 slim jewel cases in there, and was able to close the cover.
Thanks! Yeah, any CD's I attempted to put in the Cruze's armrest console would be transferred to slim jewel cases first for sure. Wow, 10! You either must have nothing else in there, or you did, and just took it all out to check the number of CD's that would fit. Either way, thanks again for helping me out and answering my question!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Thanks! Yeah, any CD's I attempted to put in the Cruze's armrest console would be transferred to slim jewel cases first for sure. Wow, 10! You either must have nothing else in there, or you did, and just took it all out to check the number of CD's that would fit. Either way, thanks again for helping me out and answering my question!
YVW. I keep my tire pressure and depth gauges and spare fuses in the console, but nothing else.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
First car with a radio in it was a 1937 Olds, huge vacuum tubes and a vibrator with a cable driven remote on the dash. All I needed back then was WLS from Chicago, 24 hours a day high powered broadcast, was great.

So how many LP's could I fit in the console of that Cruze, or 10" reel to reel tapes, or how many cassettes, have a cabinet full of those. Was very fortunate to find a guy that wanted to buy my 8-track deck and tapes at almost the price I paid for those. Also two large drawers filled with CD's. Wonder why I am keeping this old stuff for.

What's in my console? First off is a 1/4" tall Cruzer 16GB memory stick, can get those from ebay for around 12 bucks. Mine only has about 3-4 GB on it, use Windows Media to convert CD's to MP3's, but haven't got around to that yet for the rest of the stack.

So what's in my console? A cigar lighter converter to output 120VAC with power packs to charge a laptop, charging and USB cords for smart phones. Spare fuses, a small medical kit in case you cut your finger. Swiss Army knife with a bunch of tools in it. A couple of energy bars. It's pretty much full. No room for CD's.

XM sent me a letter, six months for 25 bucks, found that to be a distraction, going through 218 stations to find something I wanted to listen too.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Why? Because I'm asking about CD's n 2012, lol?
No - because you have the one music player (iPod) that makes it nearly impossible to easily import your non-apple purchased music and requires, if my son's experience is representative, that you reimport your music almost everytime Apple forces you to upgrade the iTunes app.

·
Registered
904 Posts
No - because you have the one music player (iPod) that makes it nearly impossible to easily import your non-apple purchased music and requires, if my son's experience is representative, that you reimport your music almost everytime Apple forces you to upgrade the iTunes app.
Absolutely none of the music in my iTunes or on my iPhone was purchased through Apple.
No problems.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I put cd's with mp3s burned on them in the top dash compartment. I put them in paper sleeves- I think I have about 5 in there. Playing mp3s from a burned cds on the Cruze works well. Even 128kps mp3's sound great in the car.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Absolutely none of the music in my iTunes or on my iPhone was purchased through Apple.
No problems.

No problems for me either. The last time I had to import my entire library when was I bought a new MacBook 2 years ago. Out of 1700 songs, maybe 30 were actually purchased through iTunes.

I have one cd in my car and it's been in the player since I bought the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts