Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got a new 2013 Cruze and I saw this minor defect on the rear bumper. My dealer says this came like that from the factory. I had to accept the car because I need it and they will be closed for the next 5 days.

What do you guys think? Is this something that can be fixed? I know this is not a Ferrari but I would still expect a decent overall assembly quality.

Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a slight misalignment on the right side. My 2011 was fine, and the left side of this 2013 is also well aligned.

Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel Wheel Rim
Ceiling Line Floor Table Tile

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
It's probably just an alignment screw that needs to be loosened, panels aligned, and then tightened down. I would have the dealership fix that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
easy fix. there is 1 torx screw going up into the 1/4 about 2 inches back from the front edge of the cover. loosen that push the cover ahead and in slightly and retighten. DO NOT try to remove the cover to see whats goin on in there the mounting flange will tear off!

·
Registered
190 Posts
My LTZ had a very similar issue on delivery. I pointed it out to the dealer to document it, and we agreed we'd fix it a couple weeks later when it would be convenient for me. Problem was taken care of by them without question or issue, along with a couple other very minor delivery quality control issues. They provided a loaner car for the day as my office is a little farther than their shuttle service normally covers.

BTW, I take this as opportunity to put in a plug for the excellent treatment I've received from Guaranty Chevrolet in Santa Ana, CA.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Once your dealer went over your Cruze they should have seem this and corrected it before you took possession.:)

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Once your dealer went over your Cruze they should have seem this and corrected it before you took possession.:)
Depends on the time of day. When we finalized the purchase of my wife's Solara it was almost 8 PM and the service department had been closed for a couple of hours. They had done the basic delivery prep before closing but we found some items that needed to be dealt with. Took the car in the following week and they were done in about an hour.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Same here. It was 8PM, the last business day of the year :) I am not complaining. It is a very minor issue.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
There really isn't enough time at the factory to do this type of detailed review of every car that comes off the line. This is part of why we pay 700+ dollars for "delivery charge", to reimburse the dealership for their time to fix this stuff.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Thank you for your replies! I will ask my dealer to fix it.

gt_cristian,
Have you had a chance to have your dealer to take care of this issue for you? Please keep me posted on this. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I had the car at the dealer to look at the engine because it is making an abnormal vibration/noise. My car was a little dirty and it was masking the issue a little. They said they won't be able to do better than what was done at the factory. At the same time, I saw the front bumper is a little offset too by about 2mm. 2mm is not much, I'll live with it for now.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Seriously can these guys do anything except cut giant holes in engine shields?

Sounds like chevy needs to put more techs in the shops, instead of a bunch of grease monkeys (not to insult any mechanics in the forum!)

Well, I had the car at the dealer to look at the engine because it is making an abnormal vibration/noise. My car was a little dirty and it was masking the issue a little. They said they won't be able to do better than what was done at the factory. At the same time, I saw the front bumper is a little offset too by about 2mm. 2mm is not much, I'll live with it for now.

·
Registered
713 Posts
The dealers and a lack of interaction and communication between the dealers and GM appears to be a major achilles heel for GM and always has been.
I see no effort on GMs part to fix this problem.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts