1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
25,036 Posts
I hope this scales.

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
If this will work in all modern diesel engines maybe GM will push the diesel, at least a little?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If this will work in all modern diesel engines maybe GM will push the diesel, at least a little?

At this point I dont know if GM can save the small diesel engines. As far as I am concerned they should look at putting it in more vehicles. Yes the Colorado will have a diesel in it, but why not make a diesel Equinox or Traverse? I would definitely be down to purchase one of those if it came in diesel. I personally think that if you start putting it in more vehicles it will catch on. Right now the only vehicles its in are the trucks or the cruze. Granted there has been little advertisement for the Cruze CTD, which I think is a major downfall of GM. You start offering more diesel engines in other vehicles and people will start to see the difference.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,536 Posts
Nice.

I'm kinda excited for Hydrogen cars if they can scale-up some of the "environmentally friendly" creation processes they've found.

This would be cool too, though.

·
Administrator
25,036 Posts
Nice.

I'm kinda excited for Hydrogen cars if they can scale-up some of the "environmentally friendly" creation processes they've found.

This would be cool too, though.
This is actually a better solution if the manufacturing process can be scaled. Carbon neutral with no change in the fuel distribution network or combustion technology required.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
As a somewhat off subject thing......I've been following the Wave battery progress invented in England rather interesting as well.

Similar concept as above but using salt water to create electricity.......Although I'm a IC hydrocarbon burning junkie I really do think the electrics are the future if/when the battery business is overcome.....this may be it.....or close to it.

Rob

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
They need to start making this stuff. Problem is, we probably won't see it for 15 years. It'll be consumed as fast as they make it in europe

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
They need to start making this stuff. Problem is, we probably won't see it for 15 years. It'll be consumed as fast as they make it in europe

Sent from the sexy electrician
Don't worry the tax man will claim that they have to tax it to save the environment and expect us to believe them. Yeah I am a cynic.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Don't worry, some liberal environazi will invent some problem with it to complain about and try to outlaw it..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts