Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its been quite a few years since I tackled audio installs. My daughter got a 2014 cruze and wants a sub put in. The things that have me stumped are which brand loc to use and how to wire speaker to match amp load impedance. I have seemed to search and research my self into audio coma. Here's a short list of what I have to go with factory stereo. There are probably some better options but I got the sub and amp from a friend for $100.
1 kicker 2ohm CVR12 dual voice coil
Pioneer gm7200 800w amp
Truconnex TCLOC2 (got from best buy)
Amp install kit (has 4 gauge power wire)

Will the loc I got be ok? Since the amp is mono and only has 1 speaker input do I need to hook the loc up to both rear speaker wires? The one I bought seems easier since I can use the speaker wires by the hood latch. Or, should I have gone a different route on the loc. The PAC loc aa gm44 seems to referenced a lot on this site. But it has more rca outputs than I need.

When it comes to the speaker and amp. With the speaker I can wire parallel for a 1ohm load or in series for a 4 ohm load. The load impedance on the amp is 4ohm (2-8ohm allowable). Common sense says to wire in series for the 4 ohm load but what will happen if I go parallel for 1ohm? Will I fry the amp, speaker, or both?

Sorry for such a long post. Just researching before I dive into this.
I attached the specs for amp.

Attachments

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
The differences are 1 with the Pac LOC you pull the Head Unit out and Install the LOC inconjuction with the 44 pin Audio Harness and have to reinsert the H.U. with consideration for your extra wiring and PAC LOC it is a Tight space .. the other you have to find the correct rear speaker wires to tap into to run a pair of wires to a LOC or streight to the amp if the amp has High inputs .. piece of pie .. there is an updated Pic of the 44 pin harness now and should be better able to read it .. Nick posted that up Today .. and Maybe Danny Moved IT to the Audio and Electronics Forum , but if he has not it is in the General discussion forum ..

There is also a Pic and Diagram of the correct wires to tap into at the left hand side kick plate.

Make sure you have the correct wires for the speaker before you attach to an amp !

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Good call.... if you are going from the kick panel .. Lower frequecies are utilized on the rear 2 channels .. get back with me when you come across the wires to tap into .. so you are absolutely certain of the color combinations .. oh yeah have a spair speaker handy in order to test these specific Speaker wires !

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, going through kick panel. Haven't started yet due to some crappy weather. Getting all my info now so that I'm not asking later when trying to doi nstall. I'll go over the pic and see what its all about.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Lines 33 and 34 without , lines 41and 42 without ..Unless she has the Pioneer upgaded system with amp same lines !

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Sweet , How is the sound .. Now all ya have to do is figure out the front stage .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Wont be diving into anything else. This is it. The kiddo wanted more bass and that's what she got. I was surprised how well the factory speakers sounded with it. Whats the issue with the front stage?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Weak speakers . OEM speakers are Yuck . I have always pulled them out ..

Just me and just saying .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts