Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I'm George, originally from the UK, living in Australia. Currently in the recruitment process for the Defence Force here.

Figured in my time away from school before I hopefully join the Army, I'd have a crack at doing some DIY mods and maybe a few cheap ones on the 2010 Holden Cruze mum drives. Girl has the 2.0L Diesel engine, so might be a bit interesting for some of you blokes. We test drove the petrol one back in 2010 and it had no get up and go at all so we opted for a manual Diesel. I've only been driving on my own since September, but I've noticed that the turbo lag is a bitch! Really gotta get your revs up if you're planning on changing gear up a hill.

Anyway, thanks for having a read. Feel free to direct me to wherever I should be looking for DIY mods!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey, good to see another SA rep on site =)

Without a turbo, the small engine is pretty slack, but what do you expect?

Seems there is quite a bit of useful info on the forum, even if there might be some slight differences with our aussie models.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Just remember the Australian turbo-diesel engines (there have been two) are completely different to to US turbo-diesels.

·
Administrator
25,598 Posts
Welcome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts