Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my friend has a honda civic and had this issue last year so i was curious if the cruze did it.
She started her car and closed the door to heat it up and defrost the windows when it was covered in snow as she was scrapping of the car after a few minutes the doors automatically locked and she was locked out with the car running and unable to get back in she was at work. I would try it but i only have one key so I don't want to chance it

·
Registered
635 Posts
It's never happened to me, I've had the same exact situation, start fast, get out, brush off the car, get in clean and warm

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had this experience with my wifes ‘12 Eco. She had a flat tire on the interstate near where I work. I went to help her and as we were looking at the options (the car was left running, doors shut) the doors locked. I had to call Onstar to unlock.

Reactions: Ravenkeeper

·
Registered
253 Posts
If you have a key for ignition there is a setting to not look doors if the key is in ignition. You can tell it set by putting key in ignition and try to lock the doors. they will go down and come right back up. With the keyless entry if the fob is in the car you can't manually lock the doors. You have to use the key fob outside of car. Pretty sure this is setting for them also.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,342 Posts
There is an option in the radio settings to auto-lock the doors after a set amount of time. They should NOT do it if the key is in the ignition.

Cruzens that have the lock button on the outside of the door shouldn't allow you to lock the doors from outside the car if the key is still detected in the vehicle. Found this out a couple times when my 2nd key has been left in luggage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had my 2012 Cruze lock me out when I stopped the car to check the tires, but left the motor running. It took a call to Onstar to unlock it. Luckily I had my cell phone on me or I would have been stranded.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts