Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
failure

Can you you please tell me if your auto stop/start failure issue was solved? My 17 year old daughter just bought a brand new 2017 Cruze and it has stalled twice. Dealer can't find anything wrong or get it to duplicate. This car is going to get someone killed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Lucky have not had this happen and have 2K on my 1 Cruze, but also good to know that throwing it in N would make the system restart.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I'm wondering if you all's fobs are laying around somewhere with something pushing a button on it. Like in a purse full of women junk.

My fob never leaves my pocket but I could see the car acting up if one of the buttons were being pushed in.

I don't use the D position. I use the L position and push it up to 6th gear. The car don't shut off in the L position. Course, now that it's getting colder then 41 degrees. I can start using the D position.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,800 Posts
Course, now that it's getting colder then 41 degrees. I can start using the D position.
I completely forgot about this this year, as I do whenever it gets that cold. I expect the car to shut down at a light, and then am confused when it doesn't until I look at the outside temp.

Side note: the MUCH faster heat than the Gen 1 Cruzes is a much-welcome addition. I have heat going within 2 blocks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Me too i am disappointed in my 2015 Cruz it's a great car but in 3 months i owned it , it has broken down 6 times. I took it in and the Chevy guys don't know what they are doing They told me it was ok and it broke down again less than 30 minutes out of the shop. If i stop and turn it off sometimes the engine will not turn off, i have a push button car , then when i go to start it the emergency flashers will go off and it was tell me to roll my drivers side window up and down, last night it told me to service the power steering system and the transmission . sometimes it will start with a red car with a lock on it on the panel. has anyone else had problems it their chevy cruze 2015?.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep. I had my car in for it. Like your situation, there were no codes and they couldn't replicate it. There was a PCM reflash available, which they did. Every time it happens, I will take my car in, so that way a file gets built with all the failures. My hope is that if enough people complain or have issues, GM will scrap the stop-start system.
Hi. Did GM Found a solution?? How did u fix it??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
failure

Can you you please tell me if your auto stop/start failure issue was solved? My 17 year old daughter just bought a brand new 2017 Cruze and it has stalled twice. Dealer can't find anything wrong or get it to duplicate. This car is going to get someone killed.
Hi Were you able to find out what is the issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

New Cruze owner here; just traded in my '07 Cobalt (I'll miss that car...) for the '17 Cruze LT. The car is not even 150 miles old and had a malfunction of the auto stop/start feature. At a red light and the auto stop engaged. When I lifted off brake and went to accelerate, engine did not restart. So I basically stalled there at the intersection. Was able to shift it in park and restart the engine with the key, but I got no check engine lights or anything of the sort during this time. Obviously concerning with the car being three days old. Will take it to the dealership and have them figure it out, but without a light on I'm not sure what they can do for me. No current recalls for my VIN. Anyone else hear of this problem?

Thanks!
Hello I Am experiencing the same issue and was wondering if you ever found out what the problem was?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
If you all look at the name.

There's only 2 posts.

They haven't been around since making this post. In 2017.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts