Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my car is stopped with AutoStop, when it starts again my headlights dim a little bit then restore to full brightness. I'm not sure if this is how the system is supposed to work, it is annoying in city traffic because it looks like I'm flashing my headlights at every stoplight.

I bought this vehicle (2016 Cruze) in Feb 17 with 0 miles on it, now I have 7,800 miles. Would a stronger battery solve this? I assume its using the power to run the starter, and there isn't enough to keep the headlights at full brightness.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,353 Posts
Yep, they dim when it restarts. Any car does the same when it's started with the lights on. It's normal.

Flip to battery voltage when your car is shut off. If it's above 12.0V (which it should be for auto-stop to engage), your battery is fine.

Take a peek in the trunk, though - the car is supposed to have an AGM battery. Mine did not - I assume it sat at the dealer showroom until the original battery died, and then they just plopped in whatever they had in stock to get the car out on the lot.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
While I would expect headlights to noticeably dim, it shouldn't be to the point it looks like you're flashing people.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts