Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Personally I would LOVE an option to disable auto stop / start in my car vs doing it manually every time by selecting A9.

I do use it from time to time but when I know I'm just stopping at a 4 way then going to proceed I despise how fast it shuts the engine off.

The other huge annoyance is when pulling into my driveway if I haven't disabled it via the shifter the car will shut off then restart as I put the car in Park.

The other thing I do not care for is at night you can clearly see the lights go dim as the car re-starts. I was under the impression the cars had a capacitor to eliminate this when re-starting. I guess not.

A simple option to either disable it or select the initial delay to stop would help a lot in my situation.

Terrible implementation by GM in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
They must have heard and/or read all the angst here regarding this feature. Haha!

Should be a way to retrofit this to a previous model and program it to work, I would think.

Oh best believe I will be digging into that once I can get my hands on the schematics for the 2019 Cruze vehicles.

I would be willing to bet this requires some wiring *obviously* as well as some re coding of a module or two which I am willing to do to enable this feature.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
You get into this, please make sure to do a write up and/or video of the process.

I'll definitely document it if I am successful.

Chances are VERY high you'll need to have access to a PassThru tool of some sort and need to subscribe to Delco TDS for a day to download the correct calibration for whatever modules are involved. IF this is even going to be a possible retrofit.

IF these calibrations are vin locked then it simply will not work.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I'll definitely document it if I am successful.

Chances are VERY high you'll need to have access to a PassThru tool of some sort and need to subscribe to Delco TDS for a day to download the correct calibration for whatever modules are involved. IF this is even going to be a possible retrofit.

IF these calibrations are vin locked then it simply will not work.
Well, the weather has finally warmed up again and soon my Auto Start/Stop nightmare will begin again.

I am wondering if anyone has successfully installed the GM OEM AS/S disable button from the 2019 Cruze into an earlier gen 2 Cruze?
If not, any idea if it is possible to program the BCM to make it work?

I am open to any options, including aftermarket, but would prefer to keep my car's warranty intact for now.
As of right now i don't believe there are any known aftermarket options or tunes for the diesel gen 2 Cruze.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Well, the weather has finally warmed up again and soon my Auto Start/Stop nightmare will begin again.

I am wondering if anyone has successfully installed the GM OEM AS/S disable button from the 2019 Cruze into an earlier gen 2 Cruze?
If not, any idea if it is possible to program the BCM to make it work?

I am open to any options, including aftermarket, but would prefer to keep my car's warranty intact for now.
As of right now i don't believe there are any known aftermarket options or tunes for the diesel gen 2 Cruze.
I have not tried it yet and it's not on my radar as of now.

As a matter of fact I'm removing the retrofit I did for auto up driver window. I have two reasons for this both are related to the BCM programming required to make it work.

1. The DIC now only shows DEF OK no matter the level. Even when it's critically low.
2. The car immediately starts no matter the ambient temperature. No time for glow resulting in a rough running engine for a couple seconds when it's really cold out.

Believe it or not I can say with 100% certainty that the BCM plays a much bigger role in the overall diesel functions of the car than I would have ever imagined.

I flashed my BCM back to stock and now the engine will delay a second or two before starting as it should and my DEF gauge is back to normal. As soon as I re-flashed it I got an alert about low def fluid and speed limited in xxx miles. It was at 14%. I'm just dealing with no drivers window for now until I can re-install the hardware I removed.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I'll just leave this here. In progress. View attachment 269837
Looks like you are on your way, definitely keep us posted!

As a matter of fact I'm removing the retrofit I did for auto up driver window. I have two reasons for this both are related to the BCM programming required to make it work.

1. The DIC now only shows DEF OK no matter the level. Even when it's critically low.
2. The car immediately starts no matter the ambient temperature. No time for glow resulting in a rough running engine for a couple seconds when it's really cold out.

Believe it or not I can say with 100% certainty that the BCM plays a much bigger role in the overall diesel functions of the car than I would have ever imagined.

I flashed my BCM back to stock and now the engine will delay a second or two before starting as it should and my DEF gauge is back to normal. As soon as I re-flashed it I got an alert about low def fluid and speed limited in xxx miles. It was at 14%. I'm just dealing with no drivers window for now until I can re-install the hardware I removed.
Interesting. So you re-flashed your BCM from that of another car that had the window feature you were trying to get?

I would guess that the DEF level is passed through the BCM to the dash display and also that the glow plugs must get their run command/timing from the start command that must also originate with the BCM?

This is why I could see the AS/S disable being hard to implement as no pre-2019 vehicles had this as an option.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I'll just leave this here. In progress. View attachment 269837
Looks like you are on your way, definitely keep us posted!

Interesting. So you re-flashed your BCM from that of another car that had the window feature you were trying to get?

I would guess that the DEF level is passed through the BCM to the dash display and also that the glow plugs must get their run command/timing from the start command that must also originate with the BCM?

This is why I could see the AS/S disable being hard to implement as no pre-2019 vehicles had this as an option.

Exactly.

·
Registered
829 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
2018 CHBTD here, I am not a big fan of the auto start/stop but am getting used to it. I am wondering what specifically people dislike about it so much.
I have read 1 post with a specific concern,that was pulling out into traffic from a stop( can’t remember details) wondering what others have?
In az you pull into the intersection when turning left. I almost got hit today when my car didnt respond fast enough and restart. Using the manual mode in high gear the car doesnt up shift correctly. It hangs in gears longer expecting you to shift. I cant believe this auto stop feature isnt hard on your car. Also your ac shuts off. Here in phoenix when its 120 outside and stop and go traffic this is going to suck. Bought mine 2017 yesterday and am halfway hoping the financing falls through tomorrow.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,167 Posts
In az you pull into the intersection when turning left. I almost got hit today when my car didnt respond fast enough and restart. Using the manual mode in high gear the car doesnt up shift correctly. It hangs in gears longer expecting you to shift. I cant believe this auto stop feature isnt hard on your car. Also your ac shuts off. Here in phoenix when its 120 outside and stop and go traffic this is going to suck. Bought mine 2017 yesterday and am halfway hoping the financing falls through tomorrow.
You don’t need to shift through manual mode yourself. Put it in 6 and leave it. It does NOT shift any differently.

Why did you buy a car you didn’t test drive?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Im not shifting it manually and it does shift differently.
You're not understanding what he's saying. You don't shift manually, it's an automatic. When you put the gear shifter in L you can use the little + and - symbols on top of the shifter to change it to L6 which just means it will utilize all 6 gears so it's the same thing as putting it in D.

The only difference is auto/stop is disabled in this mode so a bit of a hack but it works. No change in shifting, it's identical.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes i am understanding. I know you dont shift manually. Im saying my transmission shifts differently AUTOMATICALLY than when its just in drive. It holds in gear longer before shifting automatically.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,167 Posts
Yes i am understanding. I know you dont shift manually. Im saying my transmission shifts differently AUTOMATICALLY than when its just in drive. It holds in gear longer before shifting automatically.
That's on your driving habits, then. It doesn't.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hmm it's definitely not supposed to. Might be worth a trip to your dealer to make sure things are right because it should drive the same as when in D.

Could also just be due to driving habit calibrations like jb said too. Pretty sure those will change with time depending on a variety of conditions.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts