Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why my trans shifts a little harder? It's the first 4 gears.. Even in tip-tronic it does the same. I have 34.2K. I took it in to the dealer and explained to them and they said they found nothing wrong with it. They told me they will Re-Program it and have it re-learn to my driving conditions. They also said just drive it like you would drive it. So even after some time it still shifts the same.. Any input on this?

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,756 Posts
What's the issue with it shifting harder? It's actually better for trans life, and more efficient as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not a race car lol. I told the dealer my 12 shifts smooth as it should and that I didn't think my 14 was supposed to shift like it does.. When I get into the gas it's not as noticeable as if I was just puttin around the city.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,756 Posts
They probably recalibrated the transmission in that time. Because it's better for the trans, and for your fuel economy.

Our diesel has nice shifts you can feel quite well. That's a massive positive in my book - and a huge positive in the way of fuel economy and your trans lasting longer.

And the 1-2 on my Cobalt will about break your neck. But it has a trans tune, so it's really meant to do that.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,970 Posts
Drive another 14 to compare. The Cruze auto in any year I've driven has never been what I would call a smooth transmission.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check the fluid level and condition. Make sure you know the proper procedure to check the fluid level before you dive in.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mine shifts hard once in awhile, usually around 3rd & 4th.. Dealerships say they see nothing wrong and can't get it to reproduce the hard shift. Been happening on and off for 15,000 miles lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts