Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Auto up/Down Switch in 2017 Chevy Cruze

11K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  firehawk618 
#1 ·
All,

I've been lurking here for years and finally got an account. I owned a 2013 Checvy Cruze Eco and recently upgraded to a 2017 Cruze Premier Hatchback. One of the things that irritates me, however is that in the Eco, I had the "Auto up/down" with the driver's window and I don't have that in the new-to-me 2017 PREMIER Cruze! I'm military, so it's nice to have that when I'm driving through the gate in the morning.

I've been looking to simply replace the switch on my driver's side door with the Auto p/down version...but of the two part numbers, I am simply not sure which has it. Can someone please help?

One is Part number 13408454 - it costs ~$25 and its description says, "Express UP/DOWN power driver window (AXG)"
The other is Part number ACDELCO 13408998 - costs ~$30 and its description says "Except Express UP/DOWN power driver window (AXG)."

Which of these part numbers actually has the Auto up/down?

Yes, of course one says, "Except," but the reason I am confused is that, simply, the one that doesn't have that word costs less!!

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks, guys.

--Lex

P.S. If anyone has any experience with the "stock" Trifecta Tune for this vehicle as well, I'd love to hear your experiences!

See less See more
#3 ·
For the Gen1, RPO code AXG is "Window - power operated - express driver up/down".

Looking at the schematics of the Gen1, the systems are different. It's more than just a switch. In the AEC system, the switch drives the motor directly. The AXG system has a logic board. So, it's understandable that the fancier system has the cheaper switch.

#4 ·
You do realize it's not just a different switch....right?

EDIT: To answer your own question regarding the switch look on your RPO sticker. You'll have one or the other code. You want the switch for the code you do not have.

You'll also need the window motor and possibly the harness + coding.

#6 ·
There are three changes/items/features removed that really bug me after moving from a first gen diesel to a second gen diesel with leather package that's about the equivalent trim level to the first gen.

It still has the auto down feature on the windows but I really miss the auto-up feature for the driver window. The loss of auto-dimming rear view and removal of one of the cigarette lighter/12V outlets (leaving only one along with the single USB port on the base MyLink) would be the other two things that bug me regularly. Oh, and no CD player. Make that fourth things. :)

#7 · (Edited)
That's crazy, I would have thought the auto up/down was standard on the Premier, but I see now it's only part of the "enhanced convenience package!" There is likely programming that would have to be turned on for the car to be auto-up and possibly additional sensors so the car knows when the glass has reached full 'up.'

As for the Trifecta tune, I have had it on my 17' Premier since October of last year and love it! Night and day difference between stock and with the tune. I had a few issues initially with the tune (related to throttle response/ sensitivity of the throttle tip-in), but Trifecta was responsive and corrected the issues in hours/days. Now that the 2nd gen has been out longer and they've received more driver feedback the tune offered to new customers is great! I recommend it, especially for the price.

#8 ·
That's crazy, I would have thought the auto up/down was standard on the Premier, but I see now it's only part of the "enhanced convenience package!" There is likely programming that would have to be turned on for the car to be auto-up and possibly additional sensors so the car knows when the glass has reached full 'up.'

No. It's a window motor and switch 100% for sure. Add to that a possible door wire harness + coding. The latter I have not determined for sure yet.

#9 ·
You mean to tell me the Cruze Diesel Hatch does not have Express Up? Based on the spec list, it doesn't seem to have Express-Down for the back two windows either?

#10 ·
Yep. Only express down on drivers window.

As far as I can tell my car is loaded with 100% of options available on a diesel hatch.

No auto dim rearview mirror, no turn signals in mirror, no express up driver window, no auto HVAC controls.

It does have blind spot monitoring, 8" my link with bose, sunroof, premium cluster, heated leather seats, RS package............

I didn't know any 2nd gen Cruze had express down for any window other than the drivers.

Is this true? If so I will definitely look into what it takes to retrofit those.

#12 · (Edited)
Yep. Only express down on drivers window.

I didn't know any 2nd gen Cruze had express down for any window other than the drivers.
Our 17 Premier Sedan (fully loaded) has express down front passenger side I am 100% positive because I use it all the time, and I am fairly sure I have express down in the rear too but would have to double check. Only the driver's window is express up though.

Edit. Yep, all four windows are express down on my Premier.

#11 ·
Wow...that's a huge reduction in content, regarding the switches, from our 1st gen, as well as my 2017 Volt. For absolutely no reason at all.

#16 ·
Based on the order guide, all Cruzes have front driver and passenger express down, but only the Premier was available with driver express up, and that was only with the Enhanced Convenience Package.

#17 ·
I stand corrected. My car does have express down on 4 windows. For some reason I didn't think it had it.

#18 ·
Found pictures of the window motor connectors.

GM parts sites are horrible at times.

They list two different part numbers for the window motor. One with express up the other without express up. Great.

They list two different part numbers for the window switch. One with express up the other without express up. Great.

They list ONE door harness. As you can see by the pictures below there has to be TWO different door harnesses.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.