Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Autocross

10099 13
So I took her out for the Learning Curve hoping to get familiar with some FWD action.

Slowest car I have ever driven...
I never knew turbo lag existed in this car until I was hitting it out of the corner :lol:

Came in 16 out of 61 students overall with PAX Index.
13 out of 32 overall FWD.
And beat out by an 03 Mustang and a Volvo Station Wagon within my class.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Would you like some butter with that roll?

can't wait til I can get mine on a track. I'll be starting out with suspension parts before working on power.

· Registered
63 Posts
The body roll on that isn't too bad...and in general body roll might not be a bad thing (see Miatas).

I'll have my Cruze out to some autocrossing when I get it broken in. Here's my truck in action (Its surprisingly fun and fast for what it is)

· Administrator
14,726 Posts
The body roll on that isn't too bad...and in general body roll might not be a bad thing (see Miatas).

I'll have my Cruze out to some autocrossing when I get it broken in. Here's my truck in action (Its surprisingly fun and fast for what it is)
Bingo! Body roll isn't that significant of an issue as people make it out to be. Ever seen what a Lotus looks like when it's taking corners on Top Gear (UK)? That Cruze actually looks very well composed in those corners.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm a tad over 5000 miles - so like any normal human being I took it racing. Pick ups are scary when they are in the same category as Cruze.

All my buddies are telling me to get a new car haha.

· Registered
49 Posts
Looks fine. You're doing it right by learning on what you actually drive. More people would benefit from autocross, it teaches you your car's limits, along with your own. Eventually, if you work at it enough, you can close the gap between your skill and the car limit. I wish more people on the road knew how to drive these days, autocross definitely makes you a better driver.

As for body roll, I had an 02 Grand Am coupe that I first autocrossed in. Body roll like a ship at sea, but it worked, set me up for my next turn:

That car was fun :)

· Premium Member
2,211 Posts
I love when you people do that! I get so much joy watching you guys abuse your car while my car is safe and sound.

Sent from my DROID3

· Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Truth

so autocross in a cruze eco? had lots of fun in my mach, but not sure how competitive the eco could be.n
If you're competing your Cruz against machs, not very fun. If you're competing against yourself it can be very fun. Which is what autocross is about really.

· Premium Member
2,211 Posts

· Registered
858 Posts
I love when you people do that! I get so much joy watching you guys abuse your car while my car is safe and sound.

Sent from my DROID3
If you call that abuse then your car must be very sheltered. There's nothing particularly abusive to a car when autocrossing

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.