Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been going to an automatic brush less car wash which i thought would not scratch my car. But I've still noticed some light ones when i come out that i havent seen before. what are y'alls opinions on automatic car washes, i mean i do have a black car, but i thought brushless car washes were not supposed to scratch you vehicle.

·
Registered
906 Posts
So I've been going to an automatic brush less car wash which i thought would not scratch my car. But I've still noticed some light ones when i come out that i havent seen before. what are y'alls opinions on automatic car washes, i mean i do have a black car, but i thought brushless car washes were not supposed to scratch you vehicle.
It cannot be scratched without being touched. And a water jet isnt scratching it. Do you wipe down the car? What are you using if so?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
426 Posts
Black painted cars very easy to see the scratches. Its like if you look at it the wrong way a scratch will appear. Fine Scratches can be dealt with by using a wax polish like Mothers that does not leave a white residue behind. The wax fills in the scratch and it blends right in.:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
silverls

yes thats what i thought too but a few post on the internet say that if you go through a high pressure wash, on a brush less car wash with a dirty car, that the pressure could force small scratches into the car. This could be BS, but when i went through i had just got back from the beach with salt and sand all over my car

·
Registered
906 Posts
silverls

yes thats what i thought too but a few post on the internet say that if you go through a high pressure wash, on a brush less car wash with a dirty car, that the pressure could force small scratches into the car. This could be BS, but when i went through i had just got back from the beach with salt and sand all over my car
Point taken. I see where they are coming from on that. Perhaps its best to run home and put the hose over it first next time lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts