Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you read this post, let me first put it into perspective with the following picture. This is the type of dryer I'm talking about, where it drops in front of the car and you drive through and the air pressure keeps it up:

The first time I went through one of these I totally forgot about the center mounted antenna on the roof, and it went BAM on my back window.

I've learned that if you hit the "My vehicle has a bug deflector" button before entering the wash it prevents this from coming down - so that's what I do now.

I'm wondering what everyone else does?

I've thought about removing the antenna before washing, but I fell like this would still hit the little bump.

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't find a better pic, it makes more sense if you see it from the other side.

The blower is at the top and the air is forced down the metal thing you see in the pic. There's two layers to make a channel. The air pressure coming out keeps it off the car, and there's rubber wheels so it can roll if it does get too close. Problem is, as stated in OP, it's forced up over the center-mount antenna then falls too fast for the air pressure to prevent it from bonking the back window.

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These dryers do an amazing job, and I'd like to be able to stop hitting the bug deflector button so it can actually do its job, just looking for other peoples opinions.

Removing the antenna will still leave the bump, and I'm sure it will scrape...

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have these type here, I go through it as is, no issues.
With your antenna on? I only did it once, but having that metal bounce off my back window just once is more than enough haha.

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Most likely, the noise you heard came from the little wheel hitting your car, and not the vent itself.
I agree. But remember the rubber wheel is attached to 20-30 pounds of metal that (after being forced upward by your antenna) freefalls 2 feet into the window.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.