Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Cruze LTZ RS w/Automatic Climate control. If I'm driving with the windows down, wouldn't pressing the recirculate button (light on) stop air from coming through the vents? I have noticed that sometimes this works and other times it doesn't. Am I missing something? :icon_scratch:

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
??? I assume you have the fan turned off? I'm trying to figure out what recirculate function has to do with if air is coming out of the vent or not.

·
Registered
42 Posts
From what I have found in this car and others I have owned, there will be air moving ever so slightly even with all the fans off. I think the air moving through the car at speeds forces air in. I could be mistaken.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
can u only turn on recirculation when fans are on? or is that just the ac

That's correct, if you turn the fan off it will leave the blend door open and you will feel outside air coming through the vents even with the fan off. However if you turn on recirculate first then turn the fan off it will make your car stuffy with no air movement at all just like the OP wants. The reason for this behavior is the fan set to 0 turns the HVAC system completely off, pressing recirculate will do nothing with it turned off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's correct, if you turn the fan off it will leave the blend door open and you will feel outside air coming through the vents even with the fan off. However if you turn on recirculate first then turn the fan off it will make your car stuffy with no air movement at all just like the OP wants. The reason for this behavior is the fan set to 0 turns the HVAC system completely off, pressing recirculate will do nothing with it turned off.
Thanks @spacedout...I see what I was doing. There were times I will turning on recirculate "after" turning off the fan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts