Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Cruze LT VCDi 2.0 Diesel Automatic.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!

Is there a means to adjust the on and off thresholds for the automatic headlights? Trouble is, at early dusk, they'll be turning off and on all the time and it irritates me and could potentially irritate/confuse other drivers. I want to widen it so that having come on, it has to get a LOT brighter before they go off; and having gone off, it has to get a LOT darker before coming on. At the moment the gap between on and off is too tight.

Thanks

Reactions: 17Hatch6MT

Registered
Cruze LT VCDi 2.0 Diesel Automatic.
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Is that a "No" or were you trying to help? I know about the manual mode I want to optimise the auto mode.

Also, turning off the auto mode only works for that journey; next time you start the car you're back in Auto.

Premium Member
This would be particularly useful for myself. I live in Canada and they're forced auto headlights. I find I have the same thing happen, they're constantly turning on and off. The sun is up, I have my sun glasses on, but the lights still stay on. I back into a parking spot at work and can barely see the backup camera feed on the screen; I don't feel like constantly adjusting the brightness of the dash lights.

Anyone know of a way to defeat that system? I remember reading somewhere a resistor can be added in line with the light sensor, is this something that can still work with a 2014 Cruze?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.