Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious when you drive your automatic cruze in sport mode do you let off the gas before you shift into the next gear or do you just shift right into it without letting off? I always let my foot off the gas when I do cause I naturally do it in a manual transmission but my buddy told me it won't hurt the car to just keep on the gas and switch threw the gears in the auto transmission. Is this true what are your opinions?

Also how often do you guys use sport mode in your automatic cruze? Lately I've just been using it for in town driving, passing vehicles and on big hills just to have the extra low end power when I want it. Again what's your opinion on this how do you use sport mode?

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
Just change gear when you want and leave the gas where it is. I never use manual mode unless I want to see what gear I am in. I have a diesel, but the transmission in mine is a heavier version of the 1.4T Cruze.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,524 Posts
Manual mode just tells it when to shift. Keep your foot on the gas; the AT briefly cuts engine power before a shift.

I almost never use manual mode unless I want the car to hold 4th/5th merging or am going down large hills where I want increased engine braking.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just change gear when you want and leave the gas where it is. I never use manual mode unless I want to see what gear I am in. I have a diesel, but the transmission in mine is a heavier version of the 1.4T Cruze.
Manual mode just tells it when to shift. Keep your foot on the gas; the AT briefly cuts engine power before a shift.

I almost never use manual mode unless I want the car to hold 4th/5th merging or am going down large hills where I want increased engine braking.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Hey guys thanks a lot for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.