Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've realized the outlets don't provide power when the vehicle is off. This is going to be hard to get used to, as I'd become quite accustomed to using them in my G5 when the vehicle was off, especially to charge things when camping.

I'd heard somewhere that this is an easy mod for the dealership to make, to allow power when the car is off. Anyone know anything about this? Is it easy or can it be costly?

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I've realized the outlets don't provide power when the vehicle is off. This is going to be hard to get used to, as I'd become quite accustomed to using them in my G5 when the vehicle was off, especially to charge things when camping.

I'd heard somewhere that this is an easy mod for the dealership to make, to allow power when the car is off. Anyone know anything about this? Is it easy or can it be costly?
I dont know if your local dealership would do it but its not that hard of a modification to do. My guess is your local stereo installation place would do it for 50 bucks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a small inverter (12V DC to 120V AC) with 2 small clamps that hook right on to the Battery terminals. I usually have that with me when I'm camping to charge my stuff.

·
Registered
67 Posts
like a rescue jump pack ?

·
Premium Member
646 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
A rescue jump pack give you power without needing your car battery.
its main purpose is to give your car a jump when your car dies.
but also has a 12v port to charge your cellphone (or whatever accessories u have) if its dead and u need to call for help, also has a light, for when you're stuck in the dark.
all u do is plug it into the wall to charge it up.

like this one lol $20 more. Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

dag, i want one now.. LOL

·
Registered
556 Posts
A rescue jump pack give you power without needing your car battery.
its main purpose is to give your car a jump when your car dies.
but also has a 12v port to charge your cellphone (or whatever accessories u have) if its dead and u need to call for help, also has a light, for when you're stuck in the dark.
all u do is plug it into the wall to charge it up.

like this one lol $20 more.
Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

dag, i want one now.. LOL
I have one of these and it works just great!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.