Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

AW-1 Fluid / Valvoline Maxlife

865 11
Is anyone using Valvoline Maxlife ATF in the Cruze?

Multi-Vehicle (ATF) Full Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid - Valvoline

It claims it's AW-1, AW-2, etc compatible. Only big issue I'm concerned about is an overseas version of Maxlife say it's not compatible with "awtf-80 sc" See: Maxlife - Valvoline says not to use in Aisin Warner TF 80SC? | Bob Is The Oil Guy
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cruze TD
1,011 Posts
Some people here have used it. Haven't heard anything bad come of it.

However, I personally recommend using something that is an actual low viscosity ATF. I like Pentosin's product but other guys here use Amsoil's product.

You can check out Rock Auto which has the correct fluid's already selected for you (including MaxLife).

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Just changed the trans fluid in my daughters 2011 1.4 with the Maxlife and no issues. My old 12 Cruze I changed it at 100K, 150K, and was going to again but traded it in at 190K. The old 12 had 90K on Maxlife doing a single dump and fill each time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
AMSOIL for me. Worth the price and compatible.
I've been avoiding Amsoil products because of their marketing tactics. I think they make good products but they're normally over priced in my opinion. The people that recommend them would probably bathe at night and drink it in the morning instead of that underperforming generic coffee if that was an option. :ROFLMAO:

Here is a comparison between newest Asin ATF and Maxlife/Amsoil.

Maxlife is 5points higher viscosity with Amsoil being 3 points lower.

Font Material property Parallel Number Rectangle

·
Registered
2014 Cruze TD
1,011 Posts
Just changed the trans fluid in my daughters 2011 1.4 with the Maxlife and no issues. My old 12 Cruze I changed it at 100K, 150K, and was going to again but traded it in at 190K. The old 12 had 90K on Maxlife doing a single dump and fill each time.
Right, but this is a diesel specific thread/issue which uses different fluid. No one is doubting if MaxLife is a decent product, just if it's fully compatible with our car.

·
Registered
2014 Cruze TD
1,011 Posts
I've been avoiding Amsoil products because of their marketing tactics. I think they make good products but they're normally over priced in my opinion. The people that recommend them would probably bathe at night and drink it in the morning instead of that underperforming generic coffee if that was an option. :ROFLMAO:

Oh that's interesting. I looked quite a bit to find AISIN specific fluid for these and never found it before.

I cross referenced that AISIN spec with the Pentosin product that supports AW-1 and it shows it's compatible with Toyota Type WS. So definitely looks like another good option.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Right, but this is a diesel specific thread/issue which uses different fluid. No one is doubting if MaxLife is a decent product, just if it's fully compatible with our car.
DAMMIT !!!!! :mad:

Sorry for being totally irrelevant. I need to drink more coffee before surfing the net in the morning while avoiding work on the clock.

I will try to be some help instead of the squirrel running by.

MOTUL ATF shows compatible with 7 different AISIN products per their spec sheet (not sure if its Chevy compatible though)
Liqui moly Top Tec 1800 shows compatible with the AISIN AW-1
Somebody mentioned PENTOSIN already

Those 3 brands are popular with the European car community and are highly talked about being excellent for their product lines. I am running the Liqui Moly engine oil in my Audi and that engine seems to run much better with it than anything widely available domestically.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I'll be using Amsoil OE which will be somewhat of a first for me. It seems their prices are fairly affordable right now. Maxlife or ASIN Atf-0ws would be my second choices currently.

·
Registered
302 Posts

View attachment 299479
The Amsoil LV has the same viscosity as the Aisin. 5.8 vs. 5.9 @ 100c.

The Amsoil SS LV ATF is a premium product. Read the SDS it has expensive base oils in the formula, nothing compares to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts