Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

AW-1 Fluid / Valvoline Maxlife

1123 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Diesel4Ever
Is anyone using Valvoline Maxlife ATF in the Cruze?

Multi-Vehicle (ATF) Full Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid - Valvoline

It claims it's AW-1, AW-2, etc compatible. Only big issue I'm concerned about is an overseas version of Maxlife say it's not compatible with "awtf-80 sc" See: Maxlife - Valvoline says not to use in Aisin Warner TF 80SC? | Bob Is The Oil Guy
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,256 Posts
Just changed the trans fluid in my daughters 2011 1.4 with the Maxlife and no issues. My old 12 Cruze I changed it at 100K, 150K, and was going to again but traded it in at 190K. The old 12 had 90K on Maxlife doing a single dump and fill each time.

· Registered
1,256 Posts
Right, but this is a diesel specific thread/issue which uses different fluid. No one is doubting if MaxLife is a decent product, just if it's fully compatible with our car.
DAMMIT !!!!! :mad:

Sorry for being totally irrelevant. I need to drink more coffee before surfing the net in the morning while avoiding work on the clock.

I will try to be some help instead of the squirrel running by.

MOTUL ATF shows compatible with 7 different AISIN products per their spec sheet (not sure if its Chevy compatible though)
Liqui moly Top Tec 1800 shows compatible with the AISIN AW-1
Somebody mentioned PENTOSIN already

Those 3 brands are popular with the European car community and are highly talked about being excellent for their product lines. I am running the Liqui Moly engine oil in my Audi and that engine seems to run much better with it than anything widely available domestically.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts