Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there are lots of threads on here about the Trifecta tune. After pouring through several of them, I'm more confused than when I started.

I just got in on the group buy, and hopefully enough people jump on board to make it mine. I'd like to know what I need to do to my Cruze to make the tune worthwhile.

I have a 2012 ECO AT with the resonator delete and the Collins Big 3. I already run only 93 octane fuel. So aside from setting my spark plug gap to .28 is there anything else I need to do?

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Whatever you put on the order form, try not to deviate from it. Vince sends out your tune based on what you said you had installed. IF you want to add anything, be sure to send BNR an email updating them so that your tune comes prepared with the updated gear factored in. After the initial tune, you can add parts, but make sure you send an email to Vince asking if he wants the datalogs first or after you install. He'll guide you through everything. Remember, it takes up to 2 weeks to get your new tune after the initial tune upload. Vince has a ton of datalogs to pour through.

One last thing, if you plan to install the Atmospheric BOV you will need a tune with that factored in BEFORE you install it. This is where the update-able tune comes in. You'll want to email Vince telling him of the new mod, once received, upload tune then install BOV.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
On the form (I like overkill to be 100% sure) I mentioned to Vince everything I could think of; all addons, even minor such as copper plugs vs iridium, my usual gas grade (93) and my driving habbits (95% highway). Not sure if it affects the tune, but maybe it'll make it a little for customized to my driving? I usually overkill and usually for no reason though in the end.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
On the form (I like overkill to be 100% sure) I mentioned to Vince everything I could think of; all addons, even minor such as copper plugs vs iridium, my usual gas grade (93) and my driving habbits (95% highway). Not sure if it affects the tune, but maybe it'll make it a little for customized to my driving? I usually overkill and usually for no reason though in the end.
More info the better. Never know what might change things...

Sent from iFail Mobile

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Go get a woman and rock her world tonight. Because once you have a tuned Cruze, you'll be very distracted.

Don't say I didn't warn ya...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Will a tune affect the ability to pass smog?

My dad asked... I told him no, but said "For sure I'll have the answer by the time we head for home!" Thursday is carpool day... My Cruzetalk peeps know their stuff!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Will a tune affect the ability to pass smog?

My dad asked... I told him no, but said "For sure I'll have the answer by the time we head for home!" Thursday is carpool day... My Cruzetalk peeps know their stuff!
if all you have is a tune and no bolt ons you will pass CA smog just fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts