Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a pop up at OnStar saying save up to 65% with this National General. Anything with "General" I am suspicious of, AIG... So I find out the company used to be GMAC Insurance and that is why they can offer such hefty discounts for OnStar drivers. Yesterday they gave me a quote for a year, $8000. I said you must be kidding, my AARP yearly policy is $700. She said oh. If you are over 50, or even under 50 try the Hartford!

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
$8,000 is far more than I'm paying and I have a "teenage" driver on my policy.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
I saw a pop up at OnStar saying save up to 65% with this National General. Anything with "General" I am suspicious of, AIG... So I find out the company used to be GMAC Insurance and that is why they can offer such hefty discounts for OnStar drivers. Yesterday they gave me a quote for a year, $8000. I said you must be kidding, my AARP yearly policy is $700. She said oh. If you are over 50, or even under 50 try the Hartford!

Eddy keep your current policy by all means .. I get it you would like to reduce the cost , but $$ 700.00 a year for a policy in California is not that Bad .. I pay something in the neighborhood of $$ 600.00 a year for full coverage , A clean record has helped with that . Plus driving with 40 years experience . No citations . Staying with an Insurer also helps . A reminder to all < California > has higher costs Premiums !

·
Registered
490 Posts
I pay just over $600 for my 2014 Cruze and the wife pays just under $600 for her 2013 Spark. Both of us have been driving for over 30 years without any accidents or convictions.

$700 sounds like a good rate to me if Cali has higher premiums.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts