Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m going to get a B14 kit for my diesels soon. If I don’t get it now it may not be available later and then I’m SOL like other Cruze diesel products that have vanished. I know BNR sells them but is there somewhere else that’s more price competitive in overlooking?

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Summit I found for 887 with free shipping. Bilstein B14 Performance Coilover Kits 47-171725

this site is 798 plus free shipping but I’ve never heard of them.

·
Registered
284 Posts
They are BBB accredited... sounds legit.... pay with a card or paypal if available... 800 is a smoking deal...

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are BBB accredited... sounds legit.... pay with a card or paypal if available... 800 is a smoking deal...
Definitely seems a great deal and the fact they confirmed Bilstein has them in stock shows they know their stuff. They had a few months with none in inventory at Bilstein.
Yah should be safe, I’m gonna call Bilstein and see if they are an authorized dealer.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm just waiting to go back to work to do my drop and put on an evo 8 spoiler.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just waiting to go back to work to do my drop and put on an evo 8 spoiler.
Evo 8 spoiler? This I have to see. I want to buy the coil overs and have them. Once I hit 60k I’ll do white line rear sway bar+B14+new control arm bushing.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,307 Posts
Check on TireRack as well - they have it at $837 right now.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check on TireRack as well - they have it at $837 right now.
Not bad and I already buy tires from them. Lmperformance is based in Florida and with taxes should be 800$. Worse case PayPal has me covered. By the way how has the ATS calipers for the diesel been coming along?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Itll be ready soon :)

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Not bad and I already buy tires from them. Lmperformance is based in Florida and with taxes should be 800$. Worse case PayPal has me covered. By the way how has the ATS calipers for the diesel been coming along?
I got my B6s for the Camaro from Tire Rack - they by far had them for the best price, and they came in like...a day.

I imagine LMPerformance is legit enough (especially if you've done any searching on them that proves that), so I wouldn't be too against that myself. Seems like they have good ratings on Reseller Ratings (though some are product reviews, which means people don't know how to use the internet): LMPerformance Consumer Verified Ratings & Reviews

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got my B6s for the Camaro from Tire Rack - they by far had them for the best price, and they came in like...a day.

I imagine LMPerformance is legit enough (especially if you've done any searching on them that proves that), so I wouldn't be too against that myself. Seems like they have good ratings on Reseller Ratings (though some are product reviews, which means people don't know how to use the internet): LMPerformance Consumer Verified Ratings & Reviews
Since they take PayPal I think I’ll take a leap with that. Worse case PayPal majority of the time favors buyers, plus google shows other folks have used them before. I’m excited to see what the b14 kit dialed in by a race shop and the new tires can do. Cruze has always surprised me at the handling a solid twist beam rear and “econobox” car can do.

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Yup - both the Cobalt and Cruze are really solid examples of what a torsion beam is capable of. Having the Watts link on the Cruze just helps matters. I'd love to have one on my Volt, as you really can feel the back end shift side to side when you go over large bumps in the road.

You don't get that in the Cobalt, but I also have a massive swaybar out back (1.25" Powell Hardcore bar), which helps stiffen everything up a lot. That car actually oversteers.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup - both the Cobalt and Cruze are really solid examples of what a torsion beam is capable of. Having the Watts link on the Cruze just helps matters. I'd love to have one on my Volt, as you really can feel the back end shift side to side when you go over large bumps in the road.

You don't get that in the Cobalt, but I also have a massive swaybar out back (1.25" Powell Hardcore bar), which helps stiffen everything up a lot. That car actually oversteers.
Oversteer on a FWD is always a fun combo. At a job back when when the focus came out it liked to oversteer and it was fun letting it and correcting it easily.
I’m also going to get the white line rear sway bar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased from LMR the B14 last Friday. Supposed to get delivered Wednesday. Was the cheapest place I found with free shipping. Rock Auto was cheapest but after shipping they were just like everyone else in $840 + range. Looking forward to adjusting my cruze's attitude.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just purchased from LMR the B14 last Friday. Supposed to get delivered Wednesday. Was the cheapest place I found with free shipping. Rock Auto was cheapest but after shipping they were just like everyone else in $840 + range. Looking forward to adjusting my cruze's attitude.
Let me know if it all comes well picked and in good shape. I’m ready to buy it. I like the lowered looks but I’m going to have it set at the highest setting. Even at highest it’s still a 1.2 drop if I recall vs the full 2.0. I’m more in it for the monotube Shocks, tuned valving, more aggressively spring springs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm definitely interested in the adjustability of ride height as well as the spring rate for more spirited driving during my commute.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
4 Posts
Let me know if it all comes well picked and in good shape. I’m ready to buy it. I like the lowered looks but I’m going to have it set at the highest setting. Even at highest it’s still a 1.2 drop if I recall vs the full 2.0. I’m more in it for the monotube Shocks, tuned valving, more aggressively spring springs.
I got it Wednesday and it came undamaged just like you pulled it off the shelf. Very pleased with how it was packed. I've installed the rear and will be doing the front tommorow.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,442 Posts
That’s why I like the B14 kit. I’ll have a race shop set up the suspension with me in it. Plus down the road Bilstein can rebuild them. I want to add the rear sway bar as well. How did yours change with it?
After brakes, fluids etc and new tires, to me this is the first mod one should do. Made it much more sure footed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts