Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone my name is Ricco
I just picked up a 2013 chevy cruze LT with 33k miles about 2 weeks ago. so far its been ok, as the title says back in a chevy for my commuting car for work. previously I was in a 2005 ford focus that I bought new and at 215k miles it was starting to give me problems. now the cruze only has 34k miles and finding out that the transmission is starting to jerk when at a stop light. so I took it back to the dealer and they say there are no problems with it :angry: so only time will tell how this car will work for me. my commute for work is 52 miles one way which is about an hour drive.

I do give it props on the mpg, ride, and comfort it has been driving it. also that 1.4 turbo does have some pep into it compared to the 2.0 focus :grin:.

well anyways glad to be on this forum hope to learn a lot and possibly make some friends.

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
Is the transmission giving a single jerk or multiple jerks. If it's a single jerk it's the transmission dropping into neutral. If it's multiple there is a TSB to replace the clutch mechanism inside the transmission. Also, do you know the history of the car? I wonder if the previous owner traded it because they had a dealership that didn't read notices or know how to search GM's tech notes.

Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the welcome! I took it into a chevy dealer and since the car did not do what I told them it was doing they said they cannot verify if it is the TSB. the transmission does multiple jerks just not when it is in the shop!! I do not know the history of the car, not sure how I can find out.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,998 Posts
thanks for the welcome! I took it into a chevy dealer and since the car did not do what I told them it was doing they said they cannot verify if it is the TSB. the transmission does multiple jerks just not when it is in the shop!! I do not know the history of the car, not sure how I can find out.
Figure out what makes it happen, if anything, and take a technician on a ride with you.

I think I recall some saying that this issue is much worse when the engine/transmission are cold or you're stopped on a hill?

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts